PDA

View Full Version : SFT Bournemouth

whiskey1
24th Nov 2011, 17:15
Student Records were forwarded to the CAA by the administrator.
As it has been more than 5 years (5 November 2001 IIRC) the CAA may have destroyed them or placed them in long term storage.

W1

ce550
24th Nov 2011, 18:41
Hi Folks,

Just checking to see if anyone would know where I could get the records from SFT,I did an mcc there in 2001 and can't find my cert,I did call European/Skybus who operated the Sim but as it was done through SFT they could not help.

Thanks.

Vizsla
24th Nov 2011, 18:51
Surely after they went into receivership the records will be with whoever bought the company or CAA

windypops
24th Nov 2011, 20:13
I think BCFT acquired some of their paperwork (lecture slides/notes etc), might be worth a shout on the off chance.

keith williams
24th Nov 2011, 20:34
FTOs are required to keep training records for at least 5 years.

Whenever an FTO goes out of business their training records must be sent to the CAA for safe keeping.

So the SFT records should have gone to the CAA.

BillieBob
24th Nov 2011, 22:12
Whenever an FTO goes out of business their training records must be sent to the CAA for safe keeping.

So the SFT records should have gone to the CAA.Whatever gave you that idea? JAR-FCL requires that training records are kept for 5 years. There is no requirement for records to be lodged with the approving authority. The chances are that all SFT's records, particularly from 10 years ago, are currently in a landfill or have been incinerated.

keith williams
25th Nov 2011, 08:48
Whatever JAR FCL may or may not say the UK CAA have in the past made a practice of taking training records into safe keeping after the failure of FTOs. I have seen it happen in the past, so I know that it is not simply a figment of my imagination.

ce550
25th Nov 2011, 13:13
Thanks all,I'll try the caa

ce550
25th Nov 2011, 13:17
Folks,forgot to mention it was signed off by a ej skinner anyone know where he is now