PDA

View Full Version : Tianjin Airlines A320 to A330

worldrover
24th Nov 2011, 02:29
Hi,

Any of you guys has any idea what Tianjin is talking about?
They are offering an A320 DEC job promising an upgrade to A330...

Apparently they are getting A320s(?) but A330s....

Thinking of applying but I don't know if it is just a scam full of promises

Also, do you know if you can get a Class 1 Chinese medical with an already done LASIK?

Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

USMCProbe
24th Nov 2011, 15:26
Ok, this is a new one. And I just researched the agencies offering Tianjin jobs. I didn't see this. Here is the deal:
Tianjin Airlines is a small part of the Hainan Group. They fly Embraers, and were never supposed to fly Airbus. Capitol, also part of Hainan, got their ass handed to them buy the Chinese Feds, and the airplanes they ordered were spread around the Hainan Group, including Tianjin Airlines. The Feds wouldn't let BCA fly any more. BCA has been training Tianjin pilots for about 5 months. They have enough Captains to fly 1 A320, but they are still required to fly with another fully qualified Captain (us).
Tianjin cannot fly a revenue flight on the 1 320 that they have without professional assistance from a different airline. 330's????? Ahahahah.

worldrover
24th Nov 2011, 18:10
Try the GPS agency site and you'll see the posting

tcas69
24th Nov 2011, 21:49
No problem with GPS so far. Money on time even when Hainan was late and contract negotiations in good faith. Got all the changes we wanted so far. Support overall above average but the average is very low ;-))

USMCProbe
25th Nov 2011, 01:36
GPS is a crap outfit. I have never personally met, or talked with, or emailed anyone who worked with them. Just another bunch of wankers trying to be a contract agency.

I just did look them up, for the first time. It said that a 330 CCQ upgrade, "was possible" after the first 3 year contract is completed on the 320.

I repeat, Tianjin just received their first, and only, 320 a few weeks ago, outfitted the interior in Haikhou, and is just now flying it, with our assistance.

330's? BCA told us 2 years ago we were getting 330's "next year". Near as I can tell we are still flying rubber dog**** in and out of PEK, SYX, Xian, and CAN on 319's and 20's. No 330's in sight.

GPS is trying to hold a carrot in front of somebody to get them to bite. Look at a reputable agent, like Parc, who also recruit for Tianjin. They don't advertise this.

I would avoid GPS.

USMCProbe
25th Nov 2011, 01:42
I just looked at the GPS website a bit closer. I think it might be another "new agency" that is really VORholdings.

VOR has to keep changing names to get pilots to work for them. Avoid at all costs.