PDA

View Full Version : Vista to IPAD issue "could not load the installer for WPD"

green granite
24th Nov 2011, 02:00
You're not alone. Try reading this and use the program: Troubleshoot problems installing and uninstalling programs on Windows-based computers (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651/)

it would appear the time stamp fairy has struck again, the answer before the post. :ugh::ugh:

Spurlash2
24th Nov 2011, 07:49
...reboot after you uninstalled the programmes?

Time 24-11-2011 1700 :)

Totally_Bananas
24th Nov 2011, 09:21
Hi,

I'm trying to sync a IPAD2 to Windows Vista. However when I connect the IPAD for the first time it says "Windows could not load the installer for WPD. Conact your hardware vendor for assistance."

I've called apple and they suggest I remove all itunes + bonjour + quicktime etc which I have done. But the problem persists.

I don't know what the problem is? Has any one else had the same thing?

Thanks for any info.

Totally_Bananas
23rd May 2012, 21:21
Hi,

I've hit this problem again while trying to sync a IPAD to a Windows machine, does any one have some advice?

Thanks..

Milo Minderbinder
24th May 2012, 19:25
I don't have an answer, but the problem appears to be an plug n play driver issue with USB removable devices, not an issue with the Apple software

Depending on the version of windows I'd be inclined to start from the angle of making sure theres no hard drive or file corruption - use CHKDSK /R to scan the drive followed by SFC /SCANNOW to verify the files

Then make sure all USB connections are OK and not damaged, and all chipset drivers are installed