PDA

View Full Version : Indo, Sriwijaya. What is going on?

dcoded
23rd Nov 2011, 18:46
Dear all!

Recently I've been hearing rumors of Sriwijaya stoping recruitment of FO Expats.
I quote my source:

" Apparently they want to put this recruitment on hold until
further notice due to the DGCA latest stringent checks on foreign
pilots recruitment by local indoesia airlines especially after the
garuda fiasco"

Can some one tell me more in detail what is going on.
Has Indonesia completly stopped approval of foreign licenses?
How will this hold up in Indo? Are there enough flight schools to meet the recruitment demands for the next coming years?

What will this mean for the Eagle Jet prayers? No lion air deals at the moment?

Flyeast
25th Nov 2011, 17:42
Mz will start operate their eastren route with a320 ex rak air, on january 2012.
On press release said the route which will be flown by a320 will destination cities in papua, combining pax and tons of cargo.

prax687
27th Nov 2011, 09:21
Hi everyone

I heard sriwijaya has received 737 500 last wednesday but haven't got any info about their recruitment. does anybody know how they hired expats previously?
Haven't got any info despite approaching them directly..
Even if the locals raise their voice for high pay to expats the airlines here can't stop recruiting expats coz its impossible to train locals in a very short time to fly their new fleet

rotatejunkie
28th Nov 2011, 02:40
Contrary to other airlines in Indo,
Expats r still being hired at SJ.

They hire through a local agency which liases with a foreign agency from dat country.
They do not hire directly.

ReverseFlight
8th Dec 2011, 06:25
How do I find out whether FlyGosh is not another scam ?

Has any one been through screening and got the job ?

jetjockey696
8th Dec 2011, 14:14
Flygosh is not scam...he ok.. he is at present a first officer for sriwijaya. he is malaysian. They ask you for 11000usd that covers everything..b737 typerating, conversion to indonesia license etc.

• You will be rated on Boeing 737 classic ( Boeing 737-300/400 )
• You will undergo 737 classic sim in Jakarta

• Ground school on type rating and Indonesia mandatory training
• Conversion into Indonesia CPL

Employment is guaranteed for a period of 3 years ( base in Jakarta ) subject to you passing all the test/exams and also successfully obtaining the Indonesian work permit.

this is better than the lion scheme. sriwijaya its a permanent job.. unless like you mess up etc..

I think it the cheapest scheme around...

FL140
9th Dec 2011, 03:32
Are you sure the cost is 11,000 USD that includes everythning that you have mentioned ??

Shirazmerlot
9th Dec 2011, 04:09
are you sure is USD11,000? I received a quotation from him stated USD32,000 include everything. Plus USD100 personal token of appreciation for him. If I have this money, I rather join tiger airways

rotatejunkie
9th Dec 2011, 06:45
USD 29,000.

Very interesting aptitude test. I reckon its meant for Airforce selection.

dcoded
9th Dec 2011, 08:55
Hey.

Saw your post about the aptitude testing.

I guess you have been through them?

Could you tell me a little about them?

Thanks!

rotatejunkie
9th Dec 2011, 15:15
Aptitude test is unlike most.
Theres absolutely no mathematical deduction, number sequence, nav, simple calculations.

Theres alot of stuff like spatial reasoning, orientation, and general perception.

Phew... :cool:

Jager43
21st Dec 2011, 00:11
Sriwijaya Air skids off runway in Yogyakarta | The Jakarta Post (http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/12/20/sriwijaya-air-skids-runway-yogyakarta.html)

aircupidon
24th Jan 2012, 16:54
anybody going for the interview in february...?if yes you guys got infos on what the aviation interview is?aviation general knowledge or B737 systems...?
how about the psycho test

zepekinio
25th Jan 2012, 12:28
Cupidon Check ur pm and take a look this should answer your questions!
Good luck

aircupidon
25th Jan 2012, 16:29
Thanks mate really appreciated i didn't have no clue on what To study

enduro
26th Jan 2012, 09:06
Hi,

I am also going to the assessment on the 1st and 2nd February in Jakarta.
I have the same doubts as Aircupidon about the aviation and psychometric test, sim session and interview...
Can anyone give me some tips?
Thanks a lot! Cheers!:ok:

lover_wolf
26th Jan 2012, 23:03
Guys can any one tell me please how can i apply for them..

I'm fresh graduate

dcoded
27th Jan 2012, 05:29
lover_wolf,

the assessment are only for type rated FOs, and for type rated captains..

On the B737 CL, note JUST Classic, not NG.

dedera
27th Jan 2012, 10:26
hi,friends,I am also invited for interview on 1 of february.Please some info about tests and interview.I don't have any idea how to prepare

lover_wolf
27th Jan 2012, 21:39
So what if i'll pay for my training.. Do they will accept me..?!

FR8R H8R
28th Jan 2012, 03:12
If you are breathing and have $$$ in your pocket, they "do will accept you".

Good luck....PFT.....:yuk:

dcoded
28th Jan 2012, 06:11
lover_wolfe,

Come on, please think rational, the interview is in less than one week and it is for type rated people only. So, No in this case you can not pay and still show up.

But this same agency has twice this month accepted LOW TIMERS with NO TYPE to come for a interview for another carrier in Indonesia, Merpati Airlines. The interview last interview was held just 2 days ago, so would have been more than welcome there.

Keep a lookout on this forum for more opportunities..

aircupidon
28th Jan 2012, 12:33
dont forget its a selection and i doesn't mean you we'll be lucky just by having the rating a paying couple grant,so be patient you're just a fresh graduate bro...!

dcoded
1st Feb 2012, 05:30
Too all you guys having interviews today, wish you all the best!
Im a little bit sad that I couldn´t join you this time! Did not get time off from work. Hopefully I can go next time if there will be a next time! :)

Let us know how it was etc

Take care!

dcoded
2nd Feb 2012, 16:47
Come on guys! Im eager to hear what the day was like! Tell us all about it!

Left Wing
8th Feb 2012, 06:22
What happened to basic English ?

Flight Attendance:mad::ugh::=

Citilink Garuda Indonesia is expanding to A320 fleet, and seeing qualified rated pilots and flight attendants to be our winning team.

Candidate must be fluent in English and good character.

FLIGHT ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS

Good looking single female:}:}:D:D
Age 18-23 years old, or maximum 35 years old for ex(preferable having A320 licence)
Height 160-170 cm with proportional weight
Min. Senior high school graduate
Excellent health, not wearing glasses, contact lens and dental braces

B737MAX
19th Feb 2012, 18:30
I was in jakarta the last 1rst 2nd february and I'm sorry but in my opinion that's smell the swindle, a trap for gullibles pilots, that's all

wisecaptain
25th Mar 2012, 10:45
I think you will find there was no swindle at all.
I know for a fact that there were three 200+hr B737NG rated f/o's who were successful in the selection for direct entry f/o from jettraining.net and they are not paying a sinle cent.
Well done to them!
Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Good to see Sriwijaya taking a more honourable path.

dcoded
26th Mar 2012, 19:57
What is going on at Sriwijaya at the moment? Need some inside scoop.

Seen Sigma recruiting FOs but whit 1500Tot,

I am low hour with rating for all series 300-900 and have been thinking about visiting them over in Jakarta.

That involves a BIG trip for me to the other side of the world.

So I just want to know if some one has anything.

Accorind to Wiki they receive their NGs in may, but Im not counting on something on the new machines.

But I also see they have some CLs coming in also, dont know if it is true or not though..

Any one with their feet in the company / Know somebody please let me know..

Forever grateful,

dCoded

Hakeem
27th Mar 2012, 03:40
Hey,

Not really sure about the flight delivery...

Avia just recently conducted the assessment for type rated pilot for Sriwijaya...

As far as I know, Now a days they prefer type rated pilots like you... So wouldn't be bad option for trying your luck....

PS : One of my friend has NG rating and he tried nothing positive for him...

All the best...

msian1147
27th Mar 2012, 06:25
Embraers aren't coming, but the 738s and 735s are coming somewhere in May. They prefer rated guys, hrs don't matter but the more u have, the better it is. Priorities to Malaysians but others are welcomed..

megaloman
17th Apr 2012, 18:33
To all of you that are intended to join SRIWIJAYA,be carefull!
a friend of mine went in their offices asking for job,and a captain,his name is ARIFIN,asked him 20000 usd for a right seat,but at the end he didn't respect the agreement stealing to him half of the money! don't belive at any word they say,they will make you wait 10 months for nothing...in that country people still live on trees how can they fly an airplane?their offices are as dirty as pubblic toilet,they eat on the floor...the chief pilot is in the office with flip flop...they don't know anything about airplane...they just try to corrupt anyone to get certification and licences!
anyway,be away from this person expecially from this "MOHAMED ARIFIN" ,as Flight operational manager of the company,he will try to cheat on you asking a lots of money...many people have been decived by this dirty man(and more or less by these disgusting people that indonesian are!) Wait before paying money to this people and be aware that wathever they will promise you,you will never fly!

aircupidon
17th Apr 2012, 20:40
So pretty Much your friend accept to give 20k without guarantee?
No letter of acceptance no nothin and hopin to get on the right sit?
Are you telling us all the story?
they will make you wait 10 months for nothing
why? did you get all your ratings done before coming there?
As far i know i personnaly met couple people that were there in the same situation but not for that much of a time!!!

Speedbird744
17th Apr 2012, 21:31
Megaloman,

Sounds as though these were bribes that went wrong. A number of pilots are being recruited through Avia integrated and it is all above board and not the kind of dodgy dealing you have experienced.

megaloman
18th Apr 2012, 06:27
Dear arcupidon and speedbird,

I don't where u come from and if have ever been in Indonesia,and especially in Sriwijaya...i've been in Indonesia for a while and than thanks god i came back home and found a job,but i can tell you for sure that my friend has been there for 10 months waiting to get a right seat,paying all this money to this BASTARD CPT ARIFIN(he ask money to everybody promising jobs wich you will never get!)and as fare as i saw and he saw no one of the expats is inside the company.

For now i know they only have 1 english inside and that's all!people have been selected and passed psycho test and the sim (like my friend) but the company is not strong enought to recive the document from the DCGA(and this is anothr big problem as well as the working permit!)

And by the way,you guys are free to invest your money as you want,i just wanted to warn you about this CPT ARIFIN,cause as fare as i know he is still inside the company like a snake,ready to steal money to some poor guys like you maybe,ready to do anything to get this job!

Don't belive to anyone that will tell you that they are flying in Sriwijaya,like from AVIA or whatever,cause i'm still in contact with people there waiting behind a phantom queue wich will wait for ever!

Good luck to all of you!

Good luck!

megaloman
18th Apr 2012, 06:35
And dear Aircupidon,

my mate is rated on 737 300/900 and not so crazy to give the money without a garantee...if you could read properly my first msg he gave only half of the amount that was agreed,but not before to recive a nice letter from the company with all the details about the employment...and also after passing psycho test and sim...but anyway with this agreement he can clean his ass now...

Before to replay to msg just read them ok?

bye!

TigerStripes
19th Apr 2012, 08:56
Hi megaloman,

Yes Avia Integrated is a legitimate company here in Indonesia. They are currently handling the recruitment for Sriwijaya Air, Merpati Air, and Citilink.

I am currently undertaking the 737 Classic type course with Sriwijaya Air, and was recruited into the First Officer program by Avia Integated.

Any enquiries on Sriwijaya Air recruitment should be forwarded to Avia.

Good luck!

enduro
10th Dec 2013, 22:02
Avia Integrated (Mr Arif Sayfrie) and Flygosh (Andy) are a big scam.
I am one of the pilots that were trapped in the scam for sriwijaya.
we are more than 70 pilots waiting to start line training since May 2012.
Now they want to revise the contract and are asking for money (no salary) for the pilots to make 1000h.
This airline is going bankrupt and now they want to be financed by the "rich" pilots.
I am so embarrassed to say this but I was one of the pilots who falled in the trap.
Be advised and never trust this guys.
This will end in the courts!

jack s
11th Dec 2013, 00:50
enduro.. this is sad news.

What was promised to you..

captjns
11th Dec 2013, 02:42
I am so embarrassed to say this but I was one of the pilots who falled in the trap.
Be advised and never trust this guys.

What did you expect? P2F Schemes just don't pan out... for the suckers that is...

This will end in the courts!

Dream on Ace... You'll never see this case make it to court, let alone any attorney take on your case without a retainer.

glideapproach
11th Dec 2013, 10:44
What did you expect? P2F Schemes just don't pan out... for the suckers that is...

captjns, what is your definition of P2F? Paying an airline to accrue the initial arbitrary amount of hours? Paying for one's type rating?

If the former, I believe the Sriwijaya FO contract did not start as such. If it is being revised now, these FOs are as much victims.

Your ire should be directed elsewhere.

twins9
14th Dec 2013, 04:19
sriwijaya already blocked ticket bookings from Medan to Ipoh. Seems the venture with Flying Fox failed to take off.

Launching on Friday the 13th? Died before it started.