PDA

View Full Version : Hangar 8

slr737
23rd Nov 2011, 08:53
I was looking at Hangar 8 and they are looking for pilots.

It seems to be a growing company.

Does anyone have information on the flying conditions and the pay scale?

thanks

KirkyMS
25th Nov 2011, 09:08
Go for it, ask them - they are looking for skilled and (more important) nice colleagues.
Good company, nice people - they offer 14/14 on some aircrafts and yes, they are expanding rapidly.

Cheers

chulmleigh
25th Nov 2011, 11:09
Any idea what aircraft types they operate / manage? Don't like cold calling Companies unless really necessary. Embraer Legacy by any chance? Any info appreciated.

dss3000
25th Nov 2011, 11:54
Have a look at their web site !!

chulmleigh
25th Nov 2011, 12:33
Of course I've looked at their website. Kirky said they are expanding rapidly. More interested in what aircraft they might be taking on in the future as part of their expansion plans not what's on their website at the moment. Reasonable question I think that doesn't deserve such a flippant answer!

slr737
25th Nov 2011, 17:46
Website doesn't say much about condition and pay scale :O

I have a TRI/TRE on the HS125, where i think they have about 9 aircraft.

But i don't want to loose my time or their time if the condition or pay scale is a bit low.

I had a look at pilot job networks but doesn't say much.

thx for the help

solent
25th Nov 2011, 20:08
I hears they might be looking for Legacy drivers, didnt think they had that type is not just Lineages they have????
A few legacies aircraft kicking around UK not getting many hours on them H8 am sure could change that

KirkyMS
26th Nov 2011, 00:02
Expect some more Hawker 900XP in 2012, don´t have infos about the other AC types at the moment

Check the website and ask them!

sps1013
26th Nov 2011, 19:17
I am interested in Hangar8. I fly a biz jet but nothing that the company use so am not sure whether to apply and if so which reference to put in the email.

ricardo_ferreira
26th Jan 2012, 11:29
I'm also an hs125 driver and sent them an application but so far, no joy.
Does it really works, sending CV's by email or it is better to call them on the phone and ask for an interview?

Privatejetbroker
26th Jan 2012, 11:47
Lineage has now been exported to India on the VT-reg, think its connected to Sahara group who have vested interests in Kingfisher Formula 1 team.

No legacies as far as I am aware.

whitepark109
6th Feb 2012, 17:04
It says on the website they might consider taking on low houred first officers but will have to carry out other duties until a flight crew position comes available. Anybody been through this route or know what the 'other' duties would involve?

ricardo_ferreira
6th Feb 2012, 17:07
If i had to guess i would say that it's ops related duty's (fuel, catering, handling etc)

whitepark109
6th Feb 2012, 17:13
yea thats what I was thinking to. just curious if anyone had went down this route with them

magicmick
7th Feb 2012, 14:26
I seem to remember several months back flicking through a copy of Flight Magazine, every week they print a profile of a person working in aviation on the inside back cover. This particular issue contained the profile of a young lady F/O with Hangar 8, the profile stated that she had graduated from the OAA integrated course and had joined Hangar 8 as an ops assistant until a flying job came up and she moved into the F/O job, the profile did not indicate whether she emailed her CV into Hangar 8 or whether she walked from OAA and visited Hangar 8 in person or indeed whether she was well connected with current Hangar 8 pilots. But it seems that it can work and I believe that other operators do have similar schemes, I guess the ops assistant salary won’t be great but it will be better than job seekers allowance and you will at least be able to get your face in the right places and network a bit and you never know you might even enjoy it. One note of caution is that really good ops people are not easy to find and if you prove yourself to be excellent at the job the CP might want to keep you in ops and not let you move into the flightdeck, conversely if you’re useless in ops you will soon find yourself out on your ear.

ricardo_ferreira
7th Feb 2012, 14:30
To be (good) or not to be (good). Tough decision. :ugh:

whitepark109
7th Feb 2012, 17:19
Thanks for that magicmick,
I really wouldn't mind doing something like that in the short term, would give me experience into the other side of the operation as opposed to just the flying. Hopefully something comes up. I would love to get straight into corporate rather than the usual airline route, but proving very tricky!!

peb
8th Feb 2012, 06:06
I do already have many years in Ops and for far I wasn’t able to leave the office…yet (I will never lose hope)

I did drop them and email. Let see what they say.

I have been looking for an opportunity like that for a while if anyone know any other company that do the same please let me know.

magicmick
8th Feb 2012, 07:02
Whitepark, you’re very welcome to the information.

Peb, I believe that 247 Jet at Southend do a similar deal, last Summer I saw a 247 Jet recruitment advert in Flight saying that they needed an ab-initio pilot with a basic CPL/ MEIR. I sent in my CV and a few weeks later got a reply email from them, the text of the email is shown below:

We are considering offering you the position of Citation Jet co-pilot but need to know if you are prepared to work 12 months or less in our Flight Operations Department.
We ask all our designate co-pilots to perform this role as it helps them on the line performing as a corporate jet pilot. Of course you will be paid as a designate co-pilot £20,000 per year.
If this is acceptable to you please email me back saying it is acceptable and we will invite you to meet and discuss your employment.

Please note that the email from 247 was full of spelling mistakes which I have corrected for this post, I think that my 9 year old son could have done better. This did start some alarm bells ringing in my head.

However I was curious so I replied stating that I would be willing to work in ops and asking them to nominate a date and time for me to visit so that I could get more details. Unfortunately that was where the contact finished, 247 never replied to my email, I phoned them a few times and asked to speak to the person named at the bottom of the email, each time I phoned I was told that the person was out and would return my call when they returned. That was July last year so I guess that they have been out of the office for a long time as I have still not heard from them.

Good luck to you Whitepark and Peb in your search for employment and I hope that you both find something soon (as long as you don’t find something before I do)!!!!!!!!!

deltahotel
9th Feb 2012, 07:26
Fancy a complete change, so sent Cv on the basis of their 'if you're an experienced airline captain and want a change of direction' - can't get a reply. TT10000, PIC 6000

HermanTheGerman
20th Feb 2012, 07:06
I do know quite a number of people with the correct type rating, 1000s of hours who applied to Hangar 8 and never got a reply...

dss3000
20th Feb 2012, 22:41
A typical operation full of promises and no real jobs NOW you can send all the cv's you want any posting they do is only for Possible openings in the FUTURE there simply trying to build a potential list of candidates ! Hopefully by the time they call you you can tell them you have'd a job for the past year !!

Total BS don't waste your time.

Grum
5th Mar 2012, 11:55
Every month without fail these guys seem to advertise for crew for basically their entire fleet! :ugh:

Do they really want me to send my CV every month as well?

I just don't get it. :ouch:

Crosswind Limits
5th Mar 2012, 16:06
I know from personal experience that recruitment into H8 is a total black art! Unless you have VERY good contacts in senior positions the odds are completely stacked against you (in other words don't waste your time like I did). They have some good equipment, crews and ops staff and have established themselves in a very good catchment area so kudos to them.

Phil Brockwell
6th Mar 2012, 08:56
To be fair - given the growth of their fleet over the last 2 years, they'd be mad not to pre-empt a pilot requirement.

I can imagine the conversation.

"Right, we have another 2 Hawkers arriving in less than a month - who have we got on file who can be trained and online in a hurry?"

"No-one boss, I didn't want to upset some out of work pilots on ppune, so now I need 2 months to find someone"

"Please clear your desk and vacate the building you Tw@t"

Classic fail - maybe your lack of understanding is why you are still sending CV's, always good to have a bit of empathy!

Crosswind Limits
6th Mar 2012, 09:20
They can be a little up their own arse at times! Precious arrogance some might say! ;)

Message to H8 - you are good outfit by most yardsticks but you are not the best by any means so get over it!:hmm:

For me it was a blessing not to be offered a full-time/permanent contract with them as I have moved onto much bigger and better things! However it did take me 2 years to realise I was banging my head against a brick wall!:{

Globally Challenged
6th Mar 2012, 11:42
Message to H8 - you are good outfit by most yardsticks but you are not the best by any means so get over it!

Doesn't explain why they have the CAA on their backs with a magnifying glass every 6 months ;-)

Crosswind Limits
6th Mar 2012, 12:39
Globally Challenged

I worked on and off for H8 for over 2 years so know a fair bit about how they operate and am very aware of their issues. A lot of what I saw at H8 I didn't like but I was always paid and was never out of pocket. Had a few good times too with some cracking crews downroute but like I said before I am glad I was never permanent despite being promised I would be by the head honcho!

I know a little of what you allude to in your message!;)