PDA

View Full Version : Death threats against da little Qantas fella dropped

gobbledock
23rd Nov 2011, 03:13
Qantas death threat probe suspended

November 23, 20111:54PM
(My photo)
http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2011/07/20/1226098/524015-110721-alan-joyce-qantas.jpg

Qantas boss Alan Joyce reviewed his security following death threats. Picture: Nic Gibson Source: Herald Sun

AN investigation into threatening letters sent to Qantas boss Alan Joyce at the height of the airline's dispute with unions has been suspended, police say.
It was revealed last month that Mr Joyce and other Qantas executives had been subjected to months of threatening letters, some of which included death threats.
New South Wales Police responded by setting up Strike Force Barrine to investigate the threats against Mr Joyce.
A police spokeswoman said today that these investigations had now been suspended and indicated this may have been at the instigation of Qantas.
However, she said no comment could be made "on decisions made by Qantas or any other stakeholders".
Police had referred the matter to the Australian Federal Police, but the AFP said today, "We are not investigating any specific threats and we never have".
A Qantas spokesman would not comment on whether the airline had dropped the matter.
"The matters were referred to police and that's all I can comment on," he said.

Keg
23rd Nov 2011, 03:17
Hmm. It's unlike the NSW Police to not continue an investigation if they think there is merit it in. It doesn't matter what the 'complainant' says, if there is cause to pursue the case then the police generally do. There is nothing in NSW law or police procedures (as I understand them) that allow an complainant to 'drop the charges' so to speak. I wonder if the police have asked for more information from Qantas- information that Qantas doesn't want to give- and thus the police have been forced to suspend the investigation as a result of a lack of the required information.

The more you hear about Qantas, the less you can trust anything that is said out of the CEO or board or it's company spokespeople.

Tidbinbilla
23rd Nov 2011, 03:33
This is already being reported in another thread. ;)