PDA

View Full Version : Irritating Doubleclick

Tone
22nd Nov 2011, 20:40
Is there a way of permanently killing Doubleclick? When I'm using IE9 the Back button is refusing to work and when I hover the cursor over the button a fairly long url is displayed which starts with the word 'Doubleclick' It just sticks with the same page. If I click the back button rapidly several times it eventually gives in and it allows me back where I want to go.

It seems to have only just started doing this ....and no, I don't want to use Firefox, thanks.
T

BOAC
22nd Nov 2011, 21:09
Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=doubleclick removal)

Tone
22nd Nov 2011, 22:04
Thanks BOAC, tried all that but non of it works.

Loose rivets
22nd Nov 2011, 23:02
I use FF, and Doubleclick is still a pain . . . sometimes. I don't know why it seems to go away for a while.

I followed some instructions to edit my reg, and found my mouse wouldn't accept a double click.:ugh:

I'm just too old to follow instructions of more than three lines.

BOAC
23rd Nov 2011, 04:02
Maybe try hjt as per the Google search page? I don't use IE9 but there seems to be a fair bit on G about it and Doubleclick/cookies etc. I assumed it was malware but I see now it is something you have probably enabled yourself?

BOAC
23rd Nov 2011, 04:04
NB Post #5 was posted at 1310Z but it looks as if the PPR clock has gone tits up again!

This was posted at 1315

BOAC
23rd Nov 2011, 07:32
OK Tone - you didn't say you had done anything!

Confirm you have run malwarebytes (updated) and HJT?

Tone
23rd Nov 2011, 10:07
BOAC
I have tried Malwarebytes and Ad-Aware, neither come up with a problem. My recollection is that both of these products used to find Doubleclick and offer to assassinate it - now they are both playing dumb. Maybe they have been leant on by Google, or am I just being paranoid?