PDA

View Full Version : Android Samsung S2 internet problem

sky9
21st Nov 2011, 10:38
I have an S2 and have a problem using the WiFi connection in the lounge. The Network page shows a good connection however I can't download from the Google bar.

Any bright ideas, turning it off and turning it on again worked yesterday but not today.

Ancient Observer
21st Nov 2011, 15:02
I upgraded daughter to one of these Galaxy S 2s. As she's away at Uni, it is still mine to play with. Not had any such problems. I'd get one myself, but it doesn't fit into my pocket.
With my (much cheaper) i5800, (with a different 'droid number) though, proximity to the wi-fi source can be an issue. If/when it is, I turn off the wi-fi on the phone, and turn it back on next to the (BT) wi-fi source. That normally keeps it happy for a while.

sky9
22nd Nov 2011, 08:48
It's working like an express train today; most strange.

Mike-Bracknell
22nd Nov 2011, 10:08
It's working like an express train today; most strange.

Broken down near Crewe? :}

OFSO
22nd Nov 2011, 11:08
There are so many wifi signals where I live that the smart phone occasionally locks on to another one which isn't "open" as it appears to be, but requires a password on a website to get in. Hence, appears to be locked on, isn't. Check your system and if you are on the wrong wifi hit "disconnect and forget."

Secondly the good old standby: RESET ROUTER and try again. I've had to do this twice this week.

HTC Wildfire and an excellent product it is too !

Ancient Observer
22nd Nov 2011, 16:32
The galaxy 2 is so speedy it makes SWMBO's Ipad 2 seem like a horse and cart. It feels like a non-broken down express train. It's the ipad2 that is stuck at crewe.

WALSue
27th Nov 2011, 09:15
Not had any problems myself with the S2 but the Wifi can have problems if you've also got bluetooth running