PDA

View Full Version : Lion air exam

Anonymous_pilot
19th Nov 2011, 05:22
Hello guys
I have applied for the lion air program and their exam is on the 15th.Has anyone given this exam earlier?would like to know the general pattern for the same.

Thanks

Anonymous_pilot

9FLYJET9
19th Nov 2011, 06:40
15th December ?

No idea about the exam but I heard they charging 30 lacs now..

All the best..

flankerpilot
19th Nov 2011, 06:51
STAY AWAY from Lion air. The worst "company" on the planet to work for. They will drive you to financial and mental misery.

flyygirl
19th Nov 2011, 06:52
30 lakhs really?

Anonymous_pilot
19th Nov 2011, 16:12
@flankerpilot

Thanks for your reply but your post was more of a discouraging post rather than a helping one.Of course I dont expect anyone to spoon feed me,but I would appreciate if people kept their discouraging to themselves and reply to what was asked in the first place.OR not reply AT ALL.:ok:

quote 'STAY AWAY from Lion air. The worst "company" on the planet to work for. They will drive you to financial and mental misery.'

This was what you wrote.At least if everything goes right,I would be WORKING!Its any day better than sitting at home in misery with no financial resources!everywhere I have seen people just discouraging others from joining lion air,and yet,MSD aviation is somehow flourishing.I am sure they are not making ends meet with the 1000 rs DDs in their name:E

Your don't know me.I may or may not be able to cope up with the financial and mental misery.

I would just like a chance to be in a damn aircraft's cockpit earning something,for a change,and not sitting at home on my ass.:ugh:

Anonymous_pilot
19th Nov 2011, 16:15
9FLYJET9 Thank you for the wish.

airbuswala
20th Nov 2011, 04:25
well said Anonymous pilot! :D

ppl lyk 'flanker pilot' n 'vdaff' should be thrown out of pprune! :*

more than helping by telling the right news, they discourage others people by highlighting the bad new's! :yuk:

God help India n Indian Aviation!

-airbuswala!

dragstar
20th Nov 2011, 06:53
How does one apply for the Lion Air programme? and when is the exam?

and I totally agree. its always worth a shot.

flankerpilot
20th Nov 2011, 07:39
ppl lyk 'flanker pilot' n 'vdaff' should be thrown out of PPRuNe! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/bah.gif

God help India n Indian Aviation!
@ Airbuswala or should I say ignorantwala
Before talking about throwing anyone out of any forum , first learn to speak English like an adult instead of teenaged txtspk before you get thrown out of any company.

@ Anonymous pilot Every single experienced pilot (not 21 year old zero to hero CPL holders who know it all) have been there and know exactly what Lion Air is about. Nobody is asking you to listen to mine or anyone else's advice. However just because the news about Lion Air is making you uncomfortable does not mean that the situation in this airline is any different.

jetjockey696
20th Nov 2011, 10:50
Guys easy on the hardon.. about the Lion Air, and it new planes.. these B737 Max wont be delivered until 2017.. A BIG MAYBE.. look at b787... so relax,

as DOG whisperer... Shhht.... click fingers, DOWN.. Control... believe me when lion finish with you.. you be mentally and physical exhausted you dont care anymore about the plane the novelty where off quickly... All you want is a more than 1 day free from flying.

THERE IS NO FREE DINNERS in lion... if you want to join the family... PAY UP...

EAGLEJET, CAE or MSD (Mr. KUsH)...

flankerpilot
20th Nov 2011, 11:49
I have nothing against you flankerpilot.but all i see on PPRuNe here is 80 to 90 % of your posts as arguing or discouraging or throwing **** at someone.

who knows,I may know you in real lifeWow you know percentages ? How amusing considering the fact that Lion Air wants to extract the same percentage of your savings :E

Besides kid , dont get your panties in a twisted bunch and get angry when someone discourages you from joining the joke called Lion Air.

Anyway this is not my problem , go ahead , pay up and come crying back when Misery Air and its management crooks screws you and the rest of the teenaged jobless CPL crowd over. Cheerio :\

captjns
20th Nov 2011, 12:01
Airbuswala... Flankerpilot is trying to save the hard earned money that you Mother and Father have earned. An Indonesian license is not worth the paper it's written on in any part of the world. Also working for an airline without credibility as far as safety and training are concerned won't help you in the future either.

You may wish to consult with the Indian DGCA to ensure the training given by Lion Air is acceptable to them too.

9FLYJET9
20th Nov 2011, 14:36
Where do these guys send the students for type rating ?

flankerpilot
20th Nov 2011, 15:02
Higher Power Aviation in Dallas is one of them.

PlanetEarth
20th Nov 2011, 16:34
I don't think trying to warn these starry eyed children has any hope.
They will just hold their ears and shut out any bad information that might put a tiny crack in their dream.
Flying as a job isn't a right. Just because you are sitting at home and crying about it doesn't make it right to "go for it" and enlist in some of these idiotic p2f programs. You think our profession is bad? Well good on you, you just made it worse.
Either wait it out, or try starting out at the bottom of the ladder like normal working people. Or just maybe you should've listened to all these "pessimists" before you sank 150 000 euros in flight training....

Over and out

mike_sierra
20th Nov 2011, 16:42
Where do these guys send the students for type rating ?

Oxford Aviation Academy is another..rather the current one

9FLYJET9
25th Nov 2011, 02:14
Ok so you guys have any of your friends flying for lion air through this program ?

Oxford aviation and high power is not bad. I heard some of them got their type from a school at vegas.

Also i heard that few students just did their type rating and came back. What is that all about.