PDA

View Full Version : Syd Accommodation

J0N0
18th Nov 2011, 21:18
Are there still places near the airport to stay for an overnighter? Not a commuter flat per-say but somewhere to get a room at short notice?
If so any contact details appreciated..... :)

wheels_down
19th Nov 2011, 09:51
Have a look at the Formula 1 hotel near the biz apron. They are a branch off accor hotels, and pretty new. Pretty quiet unless R25 is in use for arrivals...

Seabreeze
20th Nov 2011, 22:10
Windows don't open (small and claustrophobic) but clean enough.

Importantly, It is walking distance from the domestic terminals,

A bit C&N but Ok for an overnite sleep only.

Kulwin Park
21st Nov 2011, 08:01
The QUEST across the road in Mascot is full of aviation people, clean and good service. 10 min walk to domestic terminal too

Seabreeze
21st Nov 2011, 08:50
Yes Quest! Stayed in one interstate recently; good price, less claustro (more room) than F1, and was able to wind the window open a few inches. Overall a better deal but.......

acoustics such as to provide clear audio (reading perhaps 4) from the couple committing horizontal dancing in the room next door. Had to turn the tv up loud to mask the verbals.........

J0N0
22nd Nov 2011, 03:32
Thanks for the heads up, and despite my previous post, are there commuter flat style places round the airport?
Both those hotels are ok (despite some acoustic issues :eek: ;) ) but if they fill up......???

Aerodynamisist
22nd Nov 2011, 08:55
The Quest is good but the last time I was there I was trying to have a romantic evening and the person in the next room had his tv up really loud.

jcorney
22nd Nov 2011, 10:13
Sounds like your dance moves were pretty effective in that case

Josh Cox
22nd Nov 2011, 11:03
I would recommend Sunny, she has a few houses within a short walk of the Domestic terminal, all set up as short term pilot / CC accom / crash pad.

Clean and well set up.

Sunny 0412 810 418, save it into your phone.

Fondair
22nd Nov 2011, 11:18
You wish you were flying out of Bankstown because then you would have the pleasure of staying at the Hi-Flyer :E

Kulwin Park
23rd Nov 2011, 09:05
Aaahhhh but the Quest is full of training QANTAS attendants ... mighty fine specimens they are to look at too :E

Worrals in the wilds
23rd Nov 2011, 13:39
Aerodynamisist, ROFLMAO. :D
As for accommodation, you could follow at least one Irish backpacker's lead and pitch a tent in a secluded section of the terminal gardens. Worked in Brisbane (for a while anyway) and is probably quieter than the average motel.:}