PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Photo Book Publishing Software

Wholigan
17th Nov 2011, 12:16
I am pretty much a computer dinosaur, although I am able to do most general things, but when things get "technical" I am lost.

I have tried to download photo book publishing software, but get the following messages when trying 2 different sites when trying to run the programmes:

C : \Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\is-MP532.tmp
Access is denied

and:

C : \User\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\Low\MyPublishersetup-GBP-en-UK.exe
zipse: failed to start self extracting executable

The problem is obviously in my settings somewhere, but I have no idea where to start.

Help please.

Windows Vista PC

Many thanks.

Roj

Bushfiva
17th Nov 2011, 12:33
The first file is a temporary file, and I don't understand why you would know it is there, or why you are interested in it.

The second file is the one you should run. It's in a slightly odd location if you didn't deliberately choose to put it there.

I just tried downloading the file. It took about 15 minutes, and is about 23,982 kB. Is your copy the same size? I wonder if you tried to run it before it had finished downloading?

Wholigan
17th Nov 2011, 12:58
They are wherever the system put them (said I was a dinosaur!).;)

They had definitely finished downloading and showed me the "run" option on screen.

I suspect that I have something in my settings that is preventing access.

Also, I physically don't know how to "run" that second programme, because I can't find it and I don't seem to be able to find a "run" option either. If I go into C: \User\Owner\ there isn't an "AppData" to be seen.

Sorry, but I really am a computer thickie technically. :bored:

green granite
17th Nov 2011, 13:45
If you're using IE go to 'tools>view downloads in the bottom left corner click on 'options' select browse and then somewhere in the list it should say 'my downloads' select that and click ok

In FireFox it's 'options click on the 'general' tab halfway down the page select the show download box etc them select 'save files to' then 'browse and then 'my docks' click ok

That will ensure all down loads will go into the download folder and are easy to find again when you get the file in the fplder try right clicking on it and select 'run as administrator) (I think that option is available in vista but not certain) and see if it will install then.

PS make a note of the file name as you download it as they are not always obvious as to what they are.