View Full Version : RVSM in Russia

Grum
17th Nov 2011, 08:12
So as of today Russia goes RVSM. :eek:

Here is the link to the AIC in English.

http://www.rusaero.aero/files/679/aic-2011-11ang.pdf

My question is, I am guessing we fly the METERS assigned and not the feet which correlate closely to the meters as in China.

Just fly the meters, am I right? It doesn't say anywhere.

vova_k
17th Nov 2011, 09:03
Above the transition level you fly feet (to be more exact, just regular flight levels), below - meters.

We are not happy at all - have to change from feet to meters relatively low...

His dudeness
17th Nov 2011, 12:04
I think the combination of mtr and feet is dangerous. Why donīt they change to feet/FL completely ?

vova_k
17th Nov 2011, 13:30
Are you asking why the government is not doing things in most logical and reasonable way ?

His dudeness
17th Nov 2011, 15:17
Sorry, silly me.... at least you still got your humour... :ok:

Honestly, we saw a huge change for the better IMO during the last 1-2 years in Russia. I fly a lot in Russia and I start to like it. Got some directs recently, I mean, could you believe it?

If we could get immigration, customs, basically everybody with a large diameter hat to be a tad friendlier and asking everytime for the same, it would be a delight.

Yes I know, I ask the wrong things... :ugh:

lowlifebrat
20th Nov 2011, 01:27
Use the standard settings and you should be ok no need to bother with any other setting if you do let me know so i can stay out of your way

His dudeness
20th Nov 2011, 08:53
Use the standard settings and you should be ok no need to bother with any other setting if you do let me know so i can stay out of your way

? Has anyone suggested a different method?