PDA

View Full Version : List of all JAA schools in the USA please?

Bearcat F8F
16th Nov 2011, 21:14
Hi guys, just doing some research. Could anyone post a list of all the JAA schools in the US? Or if you know one then post it please...

I am just looking to do some hour building and then the CPL/IR/ME. I would like to go and do it in the US as it'll work out cheaper and also coz I love flying in the US (did my PPL there at Ormond Beach, FL with EASA but don't fancy them again).

I've tried to use the search function on this forum to see if maybe a list was posted before already but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

mcgoo
16th Nov 2011, 21:35
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/srg_lts%20ApprovedSchoolsList_Doc31v104.pdf

If you are only going to do hour building you will find it much cheaper not to go to one of the JAA schools.

Bearcat F8F
16th Nov 2011, 21:58
Thanks. Yeahs sorry I was meant to say that I only need a JAA school for the CPL IR ME, I know it could be much cheaper to do the hour building in an FAA school.

Gomrath
16th Nov 2011, 22:08
You will need to look into the regs regarding doing a JAA IR outside of Europe. I do not think it is doable (or at least it wasn't).

mcgoo
16th Nov 2011, 22:11
Well you won't be able to do the IR in the US as you have to take the test in a European country, although some of the schools do some of the training in the US and then some and the test in the UK.

zondaracer
16th Nov 2011, 23:14
For airplanes CPL:

EASA
Orlando
Naples Air Center
EFT

Word of caution: do your research

BigGrecian
17th Nov 2011, 11:53
Orlando doesn't hold any JAA approvals anymore due to the demise of Cabair.

zondaracer
17th Nov 2011, 12:03
Oh, I thought Cabair was working on some recovery plan ;)