PDA

View Full Version : World unions join you.

teresa green
16th Nov 2011, 19:26
In the OZ today, unions from airlines right around the world are going to back QF workers against Joyce. They see what Joyce is doing is to drop standards, and they realise that they could be next. This could be interesting.

Global unions signal they want to join fight against Qantas (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/global-unions-signal-they-want-to-join-fight-against-qantas/story-e6frg8zx-1226197313599)

ALAEA Fed Sec
16th Nov 2011, 19:32
We've had a lot of letters from our friends o'seas and there has been rallies in many cities.

clotted
16th Nov 2011, 19:53
Teresa,
Would that be the same unions (especially IFALPA) supporting in the same way as they provided support to Oz pilots in THAT year?

troppo
16th Nov 2011, 20:24
http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/popcorn.gif

teresa green
16th Nov 2011, 21:31
I can only go on what is reported mate, at this stage it appears to be the ITF running the show at the moment. Does not matter how hard we try we keep going back to 89 don't we. What a shame very few lessons were learnt from that time. If the OS unions are serious, this could become a watershed for industrial relations in Australia. Stay tuned, if they decide to not service QF aircraft, a whole new ball game will be opened.

T28D
16th Nov 2011, 21:47
If this is a water shed then be careful, the Pilbara actions of Robe River in 1986 which were very simiar to the QF action led to the establishment of the Work Choices Legislation, a similar outcome here will re incarnate a form of Work Choices as soon as we get the next Federal Government.

You can bet your pension on that outcome.

Fruet Mich
16th Nov 2011, 22:45
Rejoice! Rejoice!! What a load of ****!

Mr Crumlin said transport workers were "demonstrating here and ... in Frankfurt, Tokyo, Manila, Jakarta, Los Angeles, Dallas, Auckland, Wellington, Buenos Aires and Santiago to put the case for a settlement that respects the needs, aspirations and strengths of Qantas workers."

Really? So when were the demonstrations happening in Auckland and Wellington?

Jesus there is some crap printed in the media these days.

TBM-Legend
17th Nov 2011, 01:30
Mr Perverse, are these the same unions that do work on Qantas jets overseas.....?

theheadmaster
17th Nov 2011, 03:06
I would be surprised if the 'lowest bidding' companies doing the work are highly unionised.

teresa green
17th Nov 2011, 03:48
Perhaps the Kiwi's are not always so taken with their Aussie cousins, I found that out the hard way during a visit for the Australian V Italy rugby game, being spat on simply because you wore a Wallaby supporters scarf, was a little over the top, and perhaps the airline staff of AKL and WLG feel the same. Don't give a ratz.

Fruet Mich
17th Nov 2011, 08:45
Jesus you kids talk some **** sometimes. Kiwi and Aussies have always been fierce competitors on the sports fields, and generally the kiwis would always have your backs, as shown throughout every conflict we have been involved in, brothers in arms, but when it comes to unions, we scumbag spitting kiwis tend to be able to negotiate without having militant unions faaaark everything up for us. As for unions, yes we do have ONE, it's called NZALPA, and they represent the whole of NZ pilots as one, unlike that of our Aussie cousins who are all fragmented to buggery and generally ran by peecocking Unionists who's only agender is to gain political points to feather their own future political nests.

As for spitting, LOL! That has as much truth as the article stating AKL and WLG are holding demonstrations! Classic!

It's a bit like Air New Zealand destroyed Ansett, it wasn't the union stranglehold on Ansett that slowly killed it from within was it guys, it wasn't the huge inefficiencies that the unions couldn't relinquish was it. Na na it was Air New Zealand!!

I back you guys all the way in your plight, very sad to see this all unfold. But keep a clear head, don't let your emotions control your demise. Look how easy it is for a kiwi to fire you boys up.

teresa green
17th Nov 2011, 09:07
Small Island Syndrome mate.

halas
17th Nov 2011, 14:13
The shareholders of Air Un Zud, AKA the NZ tax payers, are so proud of the due diligence that shat on all and sundry

Where l now reside, there will be no backing by unions. There are none. If there are any reciprocal actions to take place, there will be non unionised carriers there to pick up the slack. And there are are a lot now when the all asian carriers are included.

So l can see the management of QF shaking in their boots re any international union recriminations against them!

halas

Bright Spark
19th Nov 2011, 12:00
Fruet Mich I have some gr8 kiwi mate and went it's sport we'd kill each other but when some attack either of us we'll defend each other to the end.
How 'bout you pull you head out if your *rse
ANZ ripped Ansett off for millions and you too blind to see that ANZ tried to buy another company when they had no money and over committed themselves to the piont that it it should have sunk them.
One of my kiwi mate told me about a Christchurch hangar full and 6 shipping containers out front, of aircraft parts stolen from Ansett in the weeks before the collaspe, but it wasn't ANZ's fault. :=
Bright

qf 1
19th Nov 2011, 18:05
don't start about how great the Kiwi's are,they sell their conditions down the road and then when there is nothing left they come over to oz to Union bust,or leech off our welfare system.I for one would never have a kiwis back because if i turned mine to them i find a knife sticking out of it.