PDA

View Full Version : SONY Vegas Movie Studio

acbus1
16th Nov 2011, 19:22
SONY Vegas Movie Studio

Just bought the above software with the intention of showing Spielberg how it should be done.

Unfortunately, it won't accept my footage, which is .flv (from You...know where) and DVD (the latter meaning DVD player disc - as per TV viewing).

Is anyone familiar with this software, please? It looks to be a superb tool, if only I could get it to accept my footage.

The late XV105
16th Nov 2011, 19:47
I have had no need to editing using the source formats you mention, but yes, I am very familiar with it. A fantastic tool and the first one that in my case at least lived up to its billing.

Happy to try and help share any other advice you may need.

Bushfiva
17th Nov 2011, 05:25
FLV isn't supported; you need a third party converter for that.

DVD:

File, import, media, select DVD drive, open video_ts folder. Your video is in the VOB files. Use the view icon to show "details", so you have a better idea where the movie is. Click on the file you want then "open".

Aire de Drome
17th Nov 2011, 10:23
Totally agree with XV105. Have been using Vegas for 4 years and i'ts fantastic, and almost endless in its capabillities, from basic editing to really sophisticated stuff. Very user friendly and enjoyable to use. Well worth sorting it out. Good luck. Good luck to Spielberg too! AdD

acbus1
17th Nov 2011, 14:01
Thanks thus far, guys and for the offer of further advice, XV105.

Bushfiva - I'll give your tip a run through, hopefully tonight.

:ok:

acbus1
19th Nov 2011, 15:30
Success! :}

Bushfiva - input of DVD media from video_ts + VOB worked perfectly. Thanks!

Third party conversion freeware took some searching - lots of red herrings.

This link WinX Free FLV to WMV Converter - Free Convert FLV Video to WMV (http://www.winxdvd.com/flv-to-wmv/) is the first to work OK, without apparent limitations and is freeware (thus far). I need to download a long test flv file; some of the downloaded converters limited conversion to a fraction of the file. So far, so good, though.

This conversion freeware might be useful for others, whether SONY Vegas Movie Studio users or not.

Many thanks, everyone! :ok: