PDA

View Full Version : John Bressington

jecuk
16th Nov 2011, 17:02
Does anyone know if he still working as an ATO in Sydney?

jecuk
16th Nov 2011, 22:08
Ah, you know John?? ;)

jecuk
17th Nov 2011, 07:14
But jokes aside, can someone let me know if he is still working out of YSBK?

illusion
17th Nov 2011, 08:15
looking up the phone number in Jepps and calling it may be a better way than asking on an electronic graffeti board.........:suspect:

jecuk
17th Nov 2011, 16:37
Gee thanks. If I was based in Australia, I would. I just thought someone might know so I could see if I could track down his contact details.

Ted D Bear
18th Nov 2011, 05:23
ATOs (and contact details) are listed somewhere on the CASA website, I think.

Clearedtoreenter
18th Nov 2011, 09:06
Go to the CASA Website. I think you have to email their FTTO for a list of ATO's and contact details these days.

jecuk
18th Nov 2011, 17:39
Thanks. Website not working will call next week.

thorn bird
19th Nov 2011, 01:45
Mate,
Bresso's retired now, I can give you his private number but I'd have to ask him first. Your actual name would be a help

mustafagander
21st Nov 2011, 22:31
Back in the good old days when he was checking for an airline as a contractor, our instructor/mentor for a certain training package in the year-with-no-name summed him up. His comment was that Bresso "is the Commonwealth Bank of information but such a %$@&* that nobody ever wants to make a withdrawal". In my experience of the man, quite accurate.

I hope he's enjoying a happy retirement.

jecuk
21st Nov 2011, 22:43
Well maybe to bring this to an end but I enjoyed training with him. No nonsense but lots of experience. But maybe not the ideal instructor/examiner if you are a retiring flower.

He was a massive improvement over the other very well known YSBK examiner who tuned ABC classical radio on the ADF on my PPL test and then promptly fell asleep.......

Homesick-Angel
23rd Nov 2011, 08:05
Bresso "is the Commonwealth Bank of information but such a %$@&* that nobody ever wants to make a withdrawal".

Isn't that the pre req to becoming an ATO.?

Ted D Bear
24th Nov 2011, 02:33
A few good MECIR renewals with Bresso. Despite the language, a good bloke and a good pilot. SE missed approach off the CN NDB, I well remember being told to get the f€¥}ing nose down - and he was right too! :E

kimwestt
24th Nov 2011, 11:10
Yep, Bresso certainly let you know what he was thinking. Although, during circuits in the middle of an endorsement, I suggested that if he stopped changing his F)(*&^g mind, then we would get the f!@#$%g job done without so much pain - my pain! He was an absolute gentleman that you would take home to meet your Mum from that moment on. Not even an Oh
S!@t!
He sure knows his stuff. I believe that he was the first pilot in Oz to be employed to operate a corporate jet.:ok::ok:

Fantome
24th Nov 2011, 19:23
Fond memories of a long demo flight to the west and back in the H de H Beech 99. As an accomplished raconteur he made a pretty deft driver airframe.

When he was flying for Murdoch he landed one morning at Cavan on the shores of Burrenjuck. Had not been in there before. Landed on the short strip closer to the homestead into 3-4 foot high grass, instead of the longer one a few miles away. The boss's Merc tore up trailing dust. Himself climbed in the 402, pulled the door up and straight away got stuck into the pile of fresh newspapers waiting on a back seat for him. Bresso described Murdoch's method of reading a paper - (with gestures) - speed reading every page then ripping it away and throwing it over his shoulder. A good impersonation by the story teller, true. All this was flavoured by the smell of the slowly cooking grass seeds the engines had taken in. JB started up, taxied back as far as possible against the fence. As he was about to open the taps RM flopped into the right seat, asking his pilot "WILL WE MAKE IT?"

"AHH .... LET YOU KNOW SHORTLY . . . SIR!"

(Says that RM's agitated body language during the take-off was something to behold. Come to think of it, in total contrast to the almost torpid, phlegmatic body language of the bulky Mr Bresso.)

jecuk
24th Nov 2011, 21:59
Ah, the Camden ndb missed approach. Now that brings back memories. You should see what he said when in a twin assymetric at the same time....!!