PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft/Airfield challenge

BSAA1947
16th Nov 2011, 13:48
Sometime last week I was interested to find a thread in which contributors posted cryptic clues, the answers to which were the names of either aircraft or airfields. One day I refreshed my browser to get the latest posts and instead got an "invalid link" message. It seems as if the thread has disappeared or been moved.

Does anyone know why? Or, if it has been moved, can anyone tell me the new location please? Clearly I have a lot to learn about the workings of the PPRuNe forums! Thanks.

Background Noise
16th Nov 2011, 15:18
These missing or suspect 'deleted' threads are often deleted by the original poster. You are able to edit or delete your own posts; as the OP, deleting your post deletes the thread.

BSAA1947
16th Nov 2011, 16:35
Maybe that's the answer then. Thanks.

Shame. I was enjoying the challenge!

SincoTC
16th Nov 2011, 16:59
Agreed BSAA1947; it did look quite promising and was attracting good interest, I recall that it had got stalled when sombody won, posted a challenge and then immediately announced that he would be away until after the coming weekend!!

Of course, this action was not the responsibility of the OP; but I think that Background Noise's explanation is the most likely reason for it's disapearance (perhaps inadvertently), as it didn't look like it would attract the attention of the Mods!

Perhaps the OP will return and restart it (I haven't seen his name on the active user list for a few days, but he did mention on the Cockpit Thread "when I return from my travels", so he's probably on those right now)! Otherwise, maybe someone else (maybe you) will give the idea another go!