PDA

View Full Version : Atpl distance learning study without class room brush course.

aminzakhama
16th Nov 2011, 12:45
Hello colleagues,can someone please recommend any flight school in europe that can offer me an atpl distance learning and issue me a certification of ground trainnig completion via distance learning with no class room study.thank you for your help.

Transsonic2000
16th Nov 2011, 13:57
That's the only school I know of, where you can do the JAA ATP theory (provided you already hold an ICAO CPL/IR) without attending any presence ground class.

Distant ATPL Academy - Special Conversion Offer (http://www.horizon-sfa.ch/EHORNEW/ESCO.htm)

BigGrecian
16th Nov 2011, 13:58
Not possible in accordance with Appendix 1 to JAR–FCL 1.285 section 4.

Classroom attendance is mandatory for JAR ATPL theory unless you have an exemption due to converting from another ICAO ATPL etc.

zondaracer
16th Nov 2011, 14:02
The brushup courses are mandatory for distance learning unless you hold a non-JAA ATPL.

Edit: Big Grecian beat me to it

I heard that in Switzerland, they also don't require any ground school but I don't know if that is true or not.

Edit: looks like Transsonic beat me to it

paco
16th Nov 2011, 15:05
Anything with no ground school is not JAA compliant.

zondaracer
16th Nov 2011, 16:10
True, but JAA is not regulatory. EASA will be regulatory. Until EASA is in full effect, you will find variations from country to country.