PDA

View Full Version : ASIC - Save yourself some cash

adzA
15th Nov 2011, 20:32
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd just share this with you. I received my ASIC renewal notice from Aviation ID Australia in the mail the other day. They're asking $216 for a new ASIC.

I jumped on the CASA website and did my application there. They're requesting a cheque for $186 instead.

$30 isn't a huge saving... but I figure it's better in my pocket than theirs, and helps pay for my time to go through this flamin' process once again.

bankrunner
15th Nov 2011, 20:45
Just wait and see whether CASA will pull their fingers out and actually get your new ASIC to you before the old one expires. They're not the quickest bunch :E

baswell
15th Nov 2011, 21:54
And if you are also an RA-Aus member, they charge only $160 and last time I did it (initial application) it came back in a week. About to de renewal, hope that one is as quick...

adzA
15th Nov 2011, 22:19
Just wait and see whether CASA will pull their fingers out and actually get your new ASIC to you before the old one expires. They're not the quickest bunch http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif

I was under the impression that you were legal once you had submitted the forms. (Obviously not with RPT sites, but legal to fly otherwise).

Good info about the RA-Aus member. Great reason to get my RA endorsement. ;)