PDA

View Full Version : Going oversea for job [Indonesia]

contingency2
14th Nov 2011, 23:40
hi pilot.
i am planing to go international for job opportunity. i am thinking about Indonesia ect.
my question?
are they is any pilot who is over there or been there that can give me some head up of what to expect.
example:
where in the country of Indonesia is best to land ?
how to housing?
which month is best to go?
visa requirement?
ect.
any information will be appreciate thanks
hater please stay away
i live in democracy meaning i can choose to do what ever i like.
thanks helper

VarigMD11
15th Nov 2011, 00:49
Maybe you should do some basic research before posting on Pprune. things like:

"what is the capital of Indonesia", "as a citizen of the democracy that is USA, what Visa do I need to enter Indonesia"

Just saying, the internet is out there for you to use, its a great tool!

Also, Indonesia is pretty much closed to foreigners these days, except the ones who were conned into buying a type rating and then paying to fly for 500 hours. If that's your thing, try Lion Air. Just make sure your overdraft facility on your bank account is accessible.

Good luck!

jpilot1
15th Nov 2011, 03:10
Fly in to Jakarta and you can find cheap hotels for around 20-50 usd per night until you get settled. Then you can start looking for the cheaper monthly rentals for around 200 us a month. Jakarta is crazy, the traffic will drive you nuts. Its nothing you can imagine until you are there. Its very cheap to live there if you eat local foods and not out drinking and spending money on the pretty girls hahaha. I was over there about 3 months ago and visited a few airlines and had an offer from one, flying the bus and turned it down. Best bet is to find someone who can speak english, professional and have them help you get into airline facilities and help out meeting the right people. You can also meet some pilots and have them help out. I met a bunch at the Melia hanging out at bar and club in there. Give it a shot, but its not going to be easy.

Massey058
15th Nov 2011, 04:30
I'd suggest taking out several loans and maybe getting your parents to re-mortgage their house and spend it all on a 737 NG rating. With that the world is your oyster and you'll be the envy or every self-respecting working man.

With that freshly minted rating rock up to Lion Air in Jakarta and ask where to sign up. I could be wrong you can probably just fill in an online form for the Eagle Jet program that Lion Air source a lot of the front row pax from. Hopefully you have some money left over to pay for the line training and then after that you might get a salary and you can start a payment plan for all the loans.

With any luck you'll get to fly the line and live. Overruns only happen every second month or so.

Can't really help with ECT being so close to the equator twilight is really non-existent and so it's kind of lights on with sunrise and lights off with sunset.

captjns
15th Nov 2011, 12:06
First of all, continengy2, don’t be part of the problem. Be part of the solution. By that I mean don’t burden your folks for money so you can obtain a type rating so you can become a child of the magenta line to acquire jet time. Stay away from the instant gratification route.

During the past 12 or so years, I’ve flown with a number of children of the magenta line who chose the short route to the jet. They are along for the ride. Great when it comes to book smarts… great as a simulator pilot… great as a Microsoft pilot… but that’s where it all ends.

Build time by flight the old fashioned way. Try instructing, flying charters, cancelled checks or what not. If you are leaving your home town for the first time, try someplace stateside. It’s a lot easier and cheaper to move back home from the states versus overseas. You may appreciate the importance of how you earned your certificates, and jobs. Prospective employers will too.

Create a separate bank account in addition to your normal bank account. Deposit a portion of your earnings into this separate bank account. You may decide after a couple of years, to take employment with a regional airline in the US and realize that you don’t need to pay for any type ratings, with the exception of Southwest Airlines, in order to get a job.