PDA

View Full Version : Instructor rating in Jakarta

w7daawi
13th Nov 2011, 07:23
hello,,

What do you thinks guys about Instructor rating in Jakarta?
I know the English there is not the best, but it seems that there's a lot of new pilot students in there and there is 6 schools in Jakarta itself. The Instructor rating doesn't take long. I think about 1-2 months. Some schools like Alfa flight school in Halim airport charge about 10,000$ for the course for 25 flying hours and 10 days of ground instruction (I don't know how many hours in those 10 days).

Thanks for your opinion in advance

Ankit Kotecha
13th Nov 2011, 08:00
what are the job prospects there for a flight instructor position?

itsbrokenagain
13th Nov 2011, 10:37
So your from Canada, and you want to do a Instructor rating in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Sounds like a great idea, go for it! :ugh:

captjns
13th Nov 2011, 10:53
Get a FAA CFI, move to South Florida, get a job, and drink beer:ok:.

training wheels
13th Nov 2011, 13:28
Foreign instructors working in Indonesia already have instructor ratings before they join a flight school in Indonesia. Upon joining, they undergo foreign license (CPL-IR) conversion first and then a separate flight test with DGCA inspector for the instructor license conversion. As a foreigner, you need to have a work visa (KITAS) to work in Indonesia and this is usually sponsored by the company. Also the DGCA has started to become selective in terms of who they approve to become instructors and the policy now is to have foreign instructors with a decent amount of experience before they will approve their application.