PDA

View Full Version : Do I REALY!!! need an MCC

Mozzy
20th Jul 2001, 00:27
As I am about to fork out around Ģ20,000 to complete my A.T.P.L's and CPL-IR. Can any training captains out there answer this question for me, as I would realy like to skip any uneccessery expense.

Thank you.....

Also, will Ryanair give my C.V. more than a 5 second glance if I still have my nose wet. :confused:

411A
20th Jul 2001, 01:00
Prior multi-crew operations are required for most operations nowadays. If you are not trained, ask yourself, WHY anyone should look at your CV?

AMEX
20th Jul 2001, 02:51
Sorry mozzi, didn't check which country you are in but as far as I can tell many UK airline require an MCC. Some do at the time of application, some just want you to have one by the time you join (after being successful at the interview). It is the case for JMC I beleive.
Of course there are some as well providing an MCC during training. I understand GO does just that but so is Britannia.
I, personally didn't get one and flew mostly singles (206s-208s) and I am now about a month away from starting with one of the airlines providing an MCC as part of the type rating.
My advice (worth not much, I agree), do it if you have the money. Can't hurt on your CV but if you are broke then leave it and knock on doors a little bit harder with the smaller operators (Seneca, PA31,...).
Good Luck to you http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/MiscDancfrog.gif

Night Rider
20th Jul 2001, 04:24
Mozzy,

If I were you I'd do the MCC course. I know its a bit of a bind financially, but it will improve your chances of getting a job.

When you go to your MCC course spare a thought for blokes like me - I got my CPL/IR shortly before MCC became a recognised qualification. In those days the course the airlines liked was LOFT, which I did, only to be told a year later that I had to do MCC, which is virtually the same thing. I was really p*ss*d off !

Happy flying...

pjdj777
20th Jul 2001, 13:25
I've just done an MCC - purely because of the number of letters I got back from airlines telling me that they'd consider my application if I had an MCC.

I guess it's just one of those things that helps a little towards achieveing your goals - I believe that the MCC should be done as part of the Type Rating, however, now it's commercially available airlines are letting us fund it - I believe there are also issues around CAA/JAA approval for MCC courses, which is another administrative headache most airlines could do without.

I did one of the sub Ģ2000 courses in a Beech King Air - remember the course isn't about flying a type it's about flying in a multi crew environment, the type you're on has little to do with it. Many people say you should do it in a jet sim, I say pay as little as possible and get the tick in the box. If you fancy a little jet sim time there's a Trident Sim at Biggin Hill which is very affordable.

Oh, and I must say, although it's a pain in the ar$e paying for another course, it is a lot of fun, and as one friend told me "the icing on the cake".

EM PE
20th Jul 2001, 15:09
NR I had a similar experience. I have been out of aviation for a while did the LOFT CRM at CSE. All for nothing no dispensation. BTW I have over 500 P1 multi hours and because it was single crew I feel as though it goes against me.
EM PE

Mozzy
21st Jul 2001, 19:18
Thanx for the info, I guess I should budget for it.
Sorry about your misfortune Knight rider.

Cheers......................... :)

wonderbusdriver
21st Jul 2001, 21:02
Check out last weeks "Aviation Week" (July 16).
Itīs got quite a bit on the subject of multi-crew issues, CRM etc...
Should convince you to invest in the course.

NigelS
22nd Jul 2001, 19:49
One of the ads in last weeks Flight International for FO's under requirements said, a load of stuff then "...frozen ATPL plus 500 hours (on type I think) OR an MCC". Go figure!

Best of luck to you.

Nige