PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia looking for B747 drivers... MALAY ONLY

jetjockey696
12th Nov 2011, 16:34
Eaglexpress Air Charter Sdn Bhd a Foreign Joint Venture newly established air charter services provider registered in Malaysia are looking for self-driven and dynamic individuals to be part of our pioneer team to deliver passenger & cargo services to our customers.To fulfill our desire to deliver excellence in safety, comfort and service standards, the following positions are available for qualified individuals.

Job Description

A valid DCAM ATPL/Frozen ATPL with valid instrument and type rating
A valid DCAM medical certificate. (Class 1)Preferably type rated on the B747-400.
Limited Non-rated applicants can be considered and will be given B747-400 Type rating. (Cost to be borne by Applicants from pay deductions)
Minimum of 2000 total hours inclusive of 1000hrs narrow body commercial jets.
Malaysian Citizen or Malaysian Permanent Resident

An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.Suitably qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications to [email protected] by November 11, 2011

320wonder
12th Nov 2011, 17:47
jetjockey696,

what exactly do you mean by 'MALAY' only?

paulsalem
12th Nov 2011, 23:12
Probably this:

Malaysian Citizen or Malaysian Permanent Resident

gerago
13th Nov 2011, 00:09
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.Suitably qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications to [email protected] by November 11, 2011

Ha ha, very helpful!

320wonder
13th Nov 2011, 03:01
so it's only for the MALAY race?

what about the other RACES in Malaysia who are Malaysians?

bloodsucker
13th Nov 2011, 03:12
What is with the racism in the airline?! But then again I'm not particularly surprised. Their govt policy is only geared towards malays.

go_a_head
13th Nov 2011, 03:13
320J

Non-Malaysians generally refer ALL malaysians as Malay

JMEN
13th Nov 2011, 04:06
PR if you fit the mould...

Permanent residency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent_residency)

Guidelines on application for ENTRY PERMIT: (Permanent Resident) | myworklife.my (http://www.myworklife.my/visa-and-immigration/guidelines-on-application-for-entry-permit-permanent-resident)

How to obtain malaysia permanent resident? - Yahoo! Answers (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071215134905AAJp8t0)

jetjockey696
13th Nov 2011, 05:31
Hahaha.. I guess not many people gonna apply for this new charter service...because it ask for b747 malaysians not many drivers out there... most at MAS...I dont think they will jump ship to a new outfit, with bad pay. it will be bad... MAS cant even fill there A330 pilot seats.. Open to everyone...btw. If this company doesnt work out... dont worry Uncle Tony will help out..

So dont worry about this 11th nov deadline.. just apply... it malaysia truly asia. deadlines dont really exist. Malay time... :ok:

Even better if you know someone inside... :E ...government preferably...

Give it a few weeks, a month more... no more limit on being Malaysian...:ok: it will be a free for all... for the unemployed B747 drivers....

overmars
13th Nov 2011, 14:45
Title should be changed from Malay to Malaysian only. Can prod many sensitive people here.

terryb99
14th Nov 2011, 03:26
I have done business in Malaysia. I hear the term Malay a lot there.

Native Malay, Chinese Malay, etc. They do tend to emphasize if they are Native or not.

I was told Native Malays have special privileges, especially in employment.

Harlem
14th Nov 2011, 04:27
jetjockey696, Why they can't find pilots for the 330 fleet?

squarecrow
14th Nov 2011, 04:29
If its like Neptune Air buyer beware.

Lee
14th Nov 2011, 04:47
Quote:>>>I was told Native Malays have special privileges, especially in employment.<<<

The correct term for them in Malaysia is Bumiputera (which literally means "lord of the land")

They are often referred to as bumis (for short) not bums in Malaysia.

Yes, they do have special privileges over the other races in Malaysia.

320wonder
14th Nov 2011, 08:15
there is no CHINESE MALAY or INDIAN MALAY

MALAY is MALAY

CHINESE is CHINESE

INDIAN is INDIAN

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME

MALAY, CHINESE, And INDIAN who holds Citizenship in Malaysia are referred to as MALAYSIANS! not MALAY

jetjockey696
14th Nov 2011, 08:50
Sadly to say... with the special privileges the Malay...or bumi people are given over the years... the riches, most successful people in malaysia are not the malays. I guess you dont need special privileges, short cuts in life to succeed.

All these special privileges make people lazy and have a mentality of being better/superior than other minor groups.

Think again.... Like MAS..being run down to the ground. Who is laughing all the way to the bank Tony F. to get more money to buy the rest of MAS stocks.

klmasdriver
14th Nov 2011, 09:30
Shhhhhhh.. Careful.. My fellow countrymen can't stand ANY challenge from infxdxxs as far as our birth right and religion is concerned.
Malays will dominate, and if you don't like it, leave.

slayerdude
14th Nov 2011, 15:00
Main business in umrah n haj charters

Bob Hawke
16th Nov 2011, 07:12
Well that should be enough to put anyone off it. Haj charters, whoopee! Except of course the super race. Abdullah is the man.

skypilot320
2nd Jun 2013, 04:02
Dear All,

I have been ****** by that company,and a conman his name is Azlan Zainal Abidin the CEO,he asked me to pay for my B747-400 type rating in the USA,and he will offer me a job starting as a First Officer the job offer was $5k per month and I did signed the contact before I start the training,and then after I finished my type rating,he change the contract,and offered me $2K,and I had to pay my apartment in KL,and my flight tickets and the transportation too,then when I asked why they did that and when I will get my salary!?,they terminate my contract the next day and I was out out just like that!!,I lost so much money and I'm without a job and can't find a job on the B747-400 any were!!,I hope no one go to work for them!:ugh::=

jetjockey696
2nd Jun 2013, 04:53
Welcome to malaysia... the malaysia truly asia experience.. Very sad to hear, there is orient thai, Icelandic etc... the haji season is coming very soon.. so many need b747 drivers.

Probably the same treatment from all...

skypilot320
2nd Jun 2013, 09:15
Thank you so much for your reply back,do you have any contacts there for any B747-400 First Officer jods please?:)

slowstream
2nd Jun 2013, 10:53
Skypilot320,

That is so horrible! I also applied for that position and after reading your post I am very grateful that I was not offered an interview.

I am so sorry to read about what happened to you. I really wish you a lot of luck finding a new job.

smiling monkey
2nd Jun 2013, 13:45
Sorry to hear that Skypilot320 .. I guess that's one of the risks of self-sponored type ratings. BTW, how did you go with the Malaysian DCA with regards to converting or validating your license so that you can fly in Malaysia? (Assuming you have a foreign FCL).

skypilot320
2nd Jun 2013, 14:58
Egalexpressair charter in KL Malaysia,they don't even have money to pay for my DGCA validation,they asked me to pay it myself too!,I really been (F) by them,even they don't have a crew bus when you have flight!,you have to take a taxi and you pay it yourself too,that conman his name is Capt.Azlan Zainal Abidin the CEO,and HR Manager his bitch,they need some one to work for free,and they make big money!:*

jetjockey696
2nd Jun 2013, 16:40
They should ask Eaglejet to help out...:}

kwaiyai
3rd Jun 2013, 10:10
Do they even have any Aircraft?

essentialbus
3rd Jun 2013, 19:00
@skypilot320

Sorry to hear that you have been taken for a ride.
In your message you mention that, "they, the airline , making big money.
What makes you so sure of that. Maybe they want to get cheap labor to cut costs wherever possible?
There are rumors floating around that all is not well with them and maybe your untimely departure was a blessing in disguise?
But the way they have treated you is indeed uncalled for. When did they terminate you? Where did they send you for the typerating?

Anyway, good luck, you will need it, don't give up.

regards
E.B.

Sky Dancer
4th Jun 2013, 17:49
Sorry to hear about your plight but the fact is that is the way things work in that part of the world.There is subtle racism and of course many there feel that they are God's gift to aviation.That is until you read about their heroics in the cockpit the most recent one being the approach into the wrong airport in Indonesia.Before you embark on such adventures it is good to have a chat with a few experienced crew who have been there done that.You might like to know that the work ethic in Singapore and Malaysia are completely different and oh the Captain on the first crash that SQ ever had , SQ 006 was also ex MAS...:ok:

skypilot320
5th Jun 2013, 07:48
Thank so much for all of your nice feelings,for what Egalexpress Air Charter in Malaysia did to me,Pilots must help and protect each others all the time,not any one can be a Pilot,we are a family,we take the rick flying every day of our life,leaving our family behind,never know if you will see them again or not!,now I'm in a bad situation looking for a job urgent!,any one knows a Company need F/O on B747-400 or on the Hawker 800XP now please?,some one was asking about what Egalexpress Air charter fleet is!,they operating an old B747-400 x-MAS,Very old and it have so much problems from day one,if any inspector from any CAA in the world see it, they will never fly again ever!

Ak47d
5th Jun 2013, 07:53
The Captain of SQ006 was not ex MAS. He was however a Malaysian who joined SQ cadetship like hundreds of other current SQ pilots today who eventually obtain tne SIN citizenship. In essence he's a Singaporean when the accident happened with SQ trng from day 1...nothing to do with MAS.

The Rage
5th Jun 2013, 12:45
Sky Dancer, please get your facts right before posting!

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

Sky Dancer
5th Jun 2013, 13:43
Sorry boys , I did get my facts wrong.No offence.:ok:

skyangel8
6th Jun 2013, 22:29
I feel very sorry for you. Heard many stories about this conman and you are supposedly not the only that has been conned out of money, thats for sure. This nasty guy has a bad history and is bad news. He must be in cahoots with his HR b**** in more ways than one .He owes alot of people money and has bad habits with money and women. He is an a******. Maybe you could take legal action. Don't despair. What goes around comes around, and there are definitely rumours circulating that all is not well with them, as essentialbus has said. Maybe the a****** conman can go fly kites after this, because no one else will employ him for sure. I wish you all the best. You deserve better than working for some two bit unprofessional,cheap airline run by a nasty,desperate conman.

Good luck:)