PDA

View Full Version : Basair advert for Kiwi instructors?

Mail-man
11th Nov 2011, 04:51
Just wondering if anyone has an insight to why Basair (australia) are advertising for kiwi instructors on the AFAP site?

solowflyer
11th Nov 2011, 05:59
Supply and demand i'm guessing. No instructiong jobs in NZ anymore since govt canned student loans. Will probably have a hard time convincing them to leave NZ cos they all waiting for a seat at GBA.

Gmac115
11th Nov 2011, 06:41
Must be no more Aussies dumb enough to work for them

troppo
11th Nov 2011, 08:01
kiwis work harder, are more productive and don't whinge...:E

mates rates
11th Nov 2011, 08:54
$1AUD=$1.30NZ so for a KIWI with the Air Pilots Award wages it's at least a 30% pay rise plus the difference in T&C's which I am sure are much worse in NZ.Otherwise we wouldn't have an invasion of Kiwi pilots.A situation that has been going on for at least 40 years that I am aware.

Jack Ranga
11th Nov 2011, 11:12
$1AUD=$1.30NZ so for a KIWI with the Air Pilots Award wages it's at least a 30% pay rise plus the difference in T&C's which I am sure are much worse in NZ.Otherwise we wouldn't have an invasion of Kiwi pilots.A situation that has been going on for at least 40 years that I am aware.

Counteracted by their propensity to work for at least 50% less than you, if not, for nothing.

system.of.a.down
13th Nov 2011, 06:58
coming into summer, the sheeps wool seat covers are too hot for us aussies!

mattyj
13th Nov 2011, 07:47
Hah! You don't need to advertise salary ..just airfare and free coffee and biscuits in the staffroom..over here instructors don't get payed..and when the weathers no good the senior instructors use the juniors as furniture!

Xcel
13th Nov 2011, 07:57
Wont even start cause I just won't stop. Seriously though it's Basair! Enough said I reckon.:}

waren9
13th Nov 2011, 08:22
Careful fellas. While yous are on here whingin about the kiwis they're out there busy flying your hours, drinking your beer and shaggin your chicks.

At the ratio of 7 posts to 1 I notice.

PilotInPink
13th Nov 2011, 08:44
Care to elaborate why you don't like the place? I see quite a few posts against BasAir but no real reasons why...

There's clearly interest from kiwi pilots here from what I've heard, but I'm a touch suspicious about why they would be interviewing in a different country.

castrol
14th Nov 2011, 07:17
Um....is that actually legal? I'm not certain that it is...would I be considered ineligible because I'm a Aussie? How many of these (Basiar) people would attend the local RSL on Anzac day?

How disgusting....

Hugh Jarse
14th Nov 2011, 07:40
Possibly all, castrol.

Considering ANZAC. We were on the same side, and fought together. Not that a couple of wars has anything to do with Basair recruiting :ugh:

Unregistered User
14th Nov 2011, 11:20
MattyJ,

It's "Paid". WTF is payed???:ugh:

framer
14th Nov 2011, 19:17
would I be considered ineligible because I'm a Aussie

No you're ineligible because you wrote 'a Aussie' instead of an Aussie.

castrol
14th Nov 2011, 21:29
Framer, fair call on the error. Typing on an iPhone without my glasses wasnt a great idea. Maybe I should have employed the services of AN NZ resident and sacked my Aussie office girl.

I was simply trying to illustrate that to publish an advertisement and make it a condition that you must be of a specific nationality/residency seems a bit unfair and possibly unlawful.

As a business owner and employer, I surely would be crucified if I did the same.

You reckon macca's or coles could get away with it?

I wonder what the true motivation is considering the add states renumeration is paid according to the award.

glekichi
14th Nov 2011, 22:35
Before you all get too upset, does anyone actually know where the ad was copied from? Reposted from a publication in NZ perhaps? If advertising in NZ it would make sense to tailor the ad to the potential applicants.

I don't know anything about Basair but Im sure they are hiring Australian pilots as well. Have any of the whingers actually called or applied?

mattyj
14th Nov 2011, 22:39
Shove it dude..payed is in my spell check..good enough for me..I don't get paid or payed enough to care