PDA

View Full Version : Private Pilot Licence Conversion (FAA to DGCA)

Akshay.Sharma
9th Nov 2011, 18:57
Hi,

I've recently finished my Private Pilots Licence (single-engine land, C-172) from the USA and I'm a FAA PPL holder. Now I wish to convert this FAA licence to a valid DGCA licence so I can fly in India. I've been looking around for info on how to covert a PPL but all I can find is CPL conversion info.
Sadly the DGCA website has no info on this, they don't respond to emails nor answer calls.
I'm guessing its not the same as the CPL conversion since I haven't done my IR either and its just a VFR licence that I wish to convertWould really appreciate any help on the requirements/ process for PPL licence conversion (FAA to DGCA). Thanks in advance,

Akshay

Gomrath
9th Nov 2011, 19:52
A similar link to your problem can be found here http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/466147-faa-ppl-dgca-cpl-problem.html#post6747390
I will move this thread to the South Asia forum where you may get a more informative response.

Akshay.Sharma
10th Nov 2011, 10:31
Thanks! I hope to get some responses there :)

Anonymous_pilot
10th Nov 2011, 19:05
why!?!
do your flying in the states,remain out of the politics in India.and if you have a green card,get a job as an instructor,banner towing,para jump pilot there.DO NOT come/come back to India,for gods sake,and for your own sanity!
enjoy the time you can over there.go to some nice strip clubs before Indian aviation strips you and DGCA forces you to give them a lap dance!:mad::E

gauravbtn
29th Sep 2019, 20:02
www.FAAtoDGCA.com

For all your CPL Conversion queries!