pay later
no tickets
no medical assistance
no insurance
bad hotel
once you quit no money:=

blablabla
9th Nov 2011, 15:02
What do you expect when you work for an airline like that ? Even without asking anyone any information about this airline I would expect already what you just confirmed...you pay your money and you take your choice...outside of Europe and the big carriers in the middle east its a game of Russian roulette

Bengal Lancer
9th Nov 2011, 17:20
United Airways BD are exactly the same......some countries just shouldn't have airlines.

captjns
10th Nov 2011, 10:36
blablabla says...

What do you expect when you work for an airline like that ? Even without asking anyone any information about this airline I would expect already what you just confirmed...you pay your money and you take your choice...outside of Europe and the big carriers in the middle east its a game of Russian roulette

Over the years, I've come across some that ventured into Bangladesh.

There have been more than sufficient posts for those interested in Bangladesh to serve as a strong warning.

You know the warning given to children about hot stoves… and they still burn themselves??? Some either don’t pay attention, or have to learn the hard way about the cost of tuition may be a very high expense in education.

However, blablabla it's not fair to say, nor true with every carrier outside Euroland. How many pilots are beating a path to fly with Ryanair with their fantastic terms and conditions?

There are reputable carriers beyond East 00 00.0° who put their crews on full payroll and decent accommodations the day they enter the country or report for training.

Due to the bureaucracy in many of countries however, which is out of the control of the carrier, one may be left to sit around for days until paperwork is stamped. However they are on full payroll and in decent hotels.

That said there are a number of alternatives exploring in the Middle East and Asia.

jimmyjetdriver
11th Nov 2011, 05:21
I am not sure what your point is. All foreign airlines seem to play games with pay, it is their way of holding something over on you. I have spent some time with their expat pilots and I had a good time. They were always paid eventually, unless they bailed mid-month. The Regency bites, but I am pretty sure they give you a good sum of money to get your own place, wherever you choose. You get picked up by a van for work, spend about 200 taka a day on food, what is the problem? By the way, they have pretty modern 767-300ER aircraft. I am sorry if BD is not Shangri-La, but then again, it has its own unique attraction. Again, what is the problem? The airline side is run by some pretty knowledgeable expats, unlike most of the third world. Sorry if it wasn't up to our western standards.

Bengal Lancer
11th Nov 2011, 13:59
jimmy......what planet do you live on?......'paid eventually' just isn't good enough!!!!

Bangladesh is the @$$hole of the world and Dhaka is about 6'' up it!!!!!!

get real......the place just sucks!!!!!

BL

itsbrokenagain
11th Nov 2011, 15:46
let alone the weather in Bangladesh in summer (9 mths of the year!) it sucks, together with a non radar atc environment. I feel so sorry for the poor people flogging around in the ATR's and Dash 8's . Imagine coming from the EU to this environment, talk about a steep learning curve!

Add it this Dhaka where it takes you 15 minutes to travel 100 meters in a car , and water full of arsenic that makes your hair fall out... eeesh... nasty place. Makes West Bengal look like paradise!

FlightDawg
22nd Dec 2011, 00:18
All 767's sold. X-pac's waiting to see if they get paid!

captjns
22nd Dec 2011, 04:12
Sounds like there's a better chance of watching the sun rise out of the west before these bottom feeders pay their employees:*:mad:.

NG ExPat
24th Dec 2011, 15:07
Dawg, you are partially correct. Ex Pats are holding their breath on being paid. However, airplanes have not been sold. Kind of hard to sell something that you do not own. Only one of the 3 is actually leaseable to other carriers in Asia and the Middle East. 2 of them are over 20 years old, and most countries will not let you register and operate an airplane that is that age. Two different carriers are interested in the one that is under 20. One wants a short term lease, which most likely will not work. The other wants a long term lease and will probably end up getting it.

ILS 26R
25th Dec 2011, 02:31
How about those Pilot who just came from sim?

cessna95
25th Dec 2011, 02:39
what about Best Air? Does anybody have information on this airline? they have been on the look out for drivers for the ATR.

ILS 26R
25th Dec 2011, 08:13
Best Air? their pilot are looking for job in United. Lot of pilot from GMG who use to fly Dash 8 and MD 82 are now flying for United.