PDA

View Full Version : TCX & TOM Callsigns

MKY661
8th Nov 2011, 19:26
Does anyone know where i can find all the callsigns for next years Thomas Cook & Thomson flights? LH's and FR's callsigns are changing next year so i expect Thomson's & Thomas Cook wil too.

ANDYSPPR
10th Nov 2011, 19:21
Having just replied to the TOM33P post above, if you find out any info let me know. I have never seen advance lists of these codes although I do not spend very long looking for them.

The RYR, TOM and TCX codes change everytime the clocks change so my list is not very accurate yet as I am still building it back up after the recent clocks going backwards.

I cannot help with the DLH codes as I do not keep a list. These rarely fly over me so I do not have as much interest as the others.

Anyway, hope someone can help you and possibly me as well.

Andy S

MKY661
10th Nov 2011, 20:44
This any use to you? A lot of them look wrong as i do see one for example saying its going from LGW to FUE and then BJV to BRS being the next flight or something similar to that :)

G-OOBC - Thomson Airways - data.flight24.com (http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/g-oobc/)
G-WJAN - Thomas Cook - data.flight24.com (http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/g-wjan/)
G-FDZW - Thomson - data.flight24.com (http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/g-fdzw/)
G-TCBB - Thomas Cook - data.flight24.com (http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/g-tcbb/)

ANDYSPPR
11th Nov 2011, 19:12
MKY661

Thanks for the info, but as you say the data can be a little 'dodgy'. I use live Planeplotter feeds tied to airport arrival/departure info to tie them up. I then keep this upto date on a regular basis to iron out any issues.

Cheers, Andy S

MKY661
16th Feb 2012, 22:18
Does anybody has a list of all callsigns and flightnumbers for TCX and / or TOM for summer 2012 as i think that is when the callsigns change (Ive heard that TCX's dont seem to change that much as the winter callsings appear to be similar to the summer ones).

I am doing this because on flightradar24 it is usually a nightmare to find out where these planes are going and i hope to send these routes once they have been found out. Sorry if this causes hastle :sad:

Skipness One Echo
17th Feb 2012, 23:51
As stated the callsigns that don't use flight numbers change by season and are not published in advance. Some can be derived with some digging but don't wate your time trying to find a comprehensive list as it's very unlikely to be accurate.

e.g. TCX12YZ might be GLA-PMI this winter and be CWL-ALC for the summer. Given the time lag, libhomeradar and the others are often a season out in their routings. Bewarned, your sanity is at risk if you go down this path !

MKY661
20th Feb 2012, 17:22
As stated the callsigns that don't use flight numbers change by season and are not published in advance. Some can be derived with some digging but don't wate your time trying to find a comprehensive list as it's very unlikely to be accurate.

e.g. TCX12YZ might be GLA-PMI this winter and be CWL-ALC for the summer. Given the time lag, libhomeradar and the others are often a season out in their routings. Bewarned, your sanity is at risk if you go down this path ! I sent in most of the winter ones to flightradar myself. Here is how i did it and will probably do for the summer ones (sorry for wording, might be bad)

1. Go onto flightradar24 and make sure you only have TCX / TOM aircraft on. I also need to go on flightstats.com
2. Track a plane which does not have its callsigns working.
3. Check its outbound flight, where it is flying from and to and name this for the route. (Eg, if TCX12WX was going from MAN - AGP i would write down that TCX12WX is from MAN - AGP)
4. Check its returning flight, should be the oposite to the outbound flight unless there is a swap. Write this down also.
5. Find the flightnumber using flightstats.com. If there are two flights on the day, check the UK flight departure or arrival and confirm this with flightradar24 playback.

I did this for the winter and the routes i have sent all seem to be correct :). Proof on flightradar.
The only routes with problems tend to be the ones over Egypt / Greece as there is no radar there :( Another problem can be dodgey callsigns which do happen unfortunately :(