PDA

View Full Version : A while out of flight school, and off to start TR soon.

flighttimer
8th Nov 2011, 14:12
After years of completing my flight training, I am going to get my TR on the A320 done soon.
Would anyone suggest that flying a single engine or multi engine aircraft for a few hours will help, as I have not had a single flight in a VERY long time?

I have been told that flying an airbus is more about knowing the systems, and very little about actually FLYING the aircraft.
What advice do you have to offer in this regards?
Would it be a complete waste?
By now I have probably lost my quick scanning and multi tasking skills which surely I will need a lot of during TR.

Thanks in advance all.

The African Dude
8th Nov 2011, 14:58
I did just that before starting my TR on the A320 and it didn't make a huge amount of difference. It can't really hurt, but it's also expensive in comparison to what you are likely to achieve in terms of instrument scanning.

My suggestion for a cheaper and more effective practice would be to spend some time flying SID and STAR charts on MS Flight Sim. While doing this practice your briefings with internet ATC chatter in the background and as many distractions as possible.

If you can play around with an FMGC simulator in your flight sim package and get quite comfortable with programming it and using it, that will really help too!

Good luck & enjoy your course!