PDA

View Full Version : Thai start-up carrier with 734/744?

captplaystation
7th Nov 2011, 15:30
There is an Ad that appeared on latestpilotjobs.com for Boeing 737-400 Capts & F/O's for a start-up carrier in Thailand.
Later in the text it incorrectly (?) refers to Boeing 747-400 Capts & F/O's.
The address for the "agency " is [email protected].

Anyone heard of them ? or of a potential start-up (preferably with 737's as I ain't rated on the bigger mother.) in Thailand.

Rocketmann
8th Nov 2011, 03:23
I tried calling numerous times, only once did I get an answer and the lady on the other end did not know what I was talking about, then hung up on me. When I was in SIN last week, I went to their physical address and found an small office with no one there, along with no signs of a real business. The phone was listed for an avionics company that was no longer in operation.

It is common for adverts like this to appear for jobs with old airplanes in South Asia. Seen several of them and they are always in SIN. The ones I have followed up on were usually an Indo-copilot trying to get candidates to pay a fee for an assessment to be considered for a position that might exist.
Batavia was infamous for this a few years back when an FO got together with the CP and set up an un-offical assessment process. You met with this guy in a shopping mall near GCK and heard his story. Lots of promises. Turned out he was a good car tech that wanted to be a pilot. Those that paid the most got an offer for a job that paid less than half of industry standard. Very few finished their contract. LionAir reps tried this also with drastic consequences....-900 doesn't fly like a -200. So now they equip each -900 with shovel and chains...arh-arh. Garuda will soon be with them off in the mud. No more expats there soon.

A reputable airline or recruiter will identify them self or acknowledge receipt of your doc's. Backslider's won't and they may even use your stuff for them self. With the resourcer market being so cutthroat, any jobs that are out there are soon picked up a reputable resourcer...if any really exist anymore.

This pay to fly concept evolved from a few whores that wanted to buy their way in to the industry , rather than earn their way. So now we all suffer because of these little pukes. I love flying with them, especially when the fodder hits the fan. Watched one try to set up holding on the bus one day and started to fly through the pattern before he got it plugged in. He told me it was the FMC's fault for not calculating fast enough....I asked what speed his noggin operated on.:ugh: He wrote me up for harassing him and when I submitted my report, he was sent back for additional training. SOMETHINGS IN LIFE YOU CAN'T BUY WITH MONEY!:D:D:D:D

PlanetEarth
8th Nov 2011, 06:18
I wish I could like posts on this forum, please send these P2F prostitutes back to mom and dad.

kazaf911
8th Nov 2011, 07:54
Seems they are trying to to hire twin otter 300 Captains & FO as well in the earlier posts

pilotjobs8 - Latest Pilot Jobs provides the latest aviation vacancies around the world. (http://latestpilotjobs.com/pilotjobs8.html)

Anyone knows what is the name of this company?

captplaystation
8th Nov 2011, 12:31
Rocketmann,

Yep, no website/no phone number & can't get the type right from beginning to end of 1 Ad (top marks for proof reading ! ) & only a gmail address, doesn't give a very serious first impression of an "agency".

There is 1 company in Thailand with 734's, Nokair (don't laugh or make jokes about (K)nocking shops ! ) but they have no vacancies advertised (surprise surprise)
Shame, might have been a nice way to lose a European Winter.

Rocketmann
8th Nov 2011, 14:18
I finally got through today. The gal that answered replied that I should send my data in via the email address. No other questions were answered.....sounds like Gerry is getting tired of flying and is now trying to drum up a few baht on the side.

captplaystation
8th Nov 2011, 20:48
OK, I will attempt to put a mug-shot on my C.V. (as they request) & send it.
Waiting for the stream of unsolicited screening offers to follow . . . :hmm:

TOFFAIR
9th Nov 2011, 00:25
Is that Sunny air, with a 767-200 a serious option? Any infos about them?