PDA

View Full Version : FIFO Airline Jobs...

rockapetransport
6th Nov 2011, 23:49
Anyone know of any jobs overseas (that pay well...) where you can work like the rock apes do here?

Say 2 weeks on, 1 off ect for pilots?

My understanding is that with airlines like Emrats you have to live in Dubai and cannot commute, is this the same with most Asian carriers?

Any info on this would be great. :)

neville_nobody
6th Nov 2011, 23:55
I think the ATO makes that sort of stuff not worth the effort.

hongkongfooey
7th Nov 2011, 01:42
Plenty of Asian airlines offer commute jobs, usually 4 and 2 or 6 and 2 ( some 3 and 1 ), as a rule only for qualified drivers ( 1000 hrs Boeing or Airbus ), they don't seem to have a shortage of low time local Effos. ( as a general rule )
As Neville mentioned the ATO will want their cut unless you can prove residency and tax payment in another country which will be nie on impossible on a commute contract. Of course you can do what a few seem to do and not pay Oz tax and hope they never catch you ( pay all the tax in arrears and a 100% fine ).
From what I know of Emirates rosters, commuting would be out if the question and Cathay you would not be able to afford to commute for 1st 4-5 years.

chimbu warrior
7th Nov 2011, 03:09
Eva in Taiwan might be a possibility. Good luck.

YPJT
7th Nov 2011, 04:05
where you can work like the rock apes do here? Well if you can't beat em - join em. :E

ResumeOwnNav
7th Nov 2011, 11:41
Air Niugini & Airlines PNG in Papua New Guinea.

You have to be silly enough to come to PNG though...