PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Program (and others)

GZogby
6th Nov 2011, 15:44
I am a sophomore in high school in the U.S. and I am set on becoming an airline pilot. I have been looking in to the Cathay Pacific Cadet Program for some time now and would like to apply when I graduate. I believe they accept foreigners without a Hong Kong Permanent Residence but I am not completely sure, so if you could verify that they do or don't that would be helpful. Also, what could I start doing now and in the future to help me get accepted into this program? Finally, are there any other airline cadet programs that accept citizens of the U.S.?
Any information would be appreciated.

englishman
6th Nov 2011, 16:19
Hi!
As far as I know, there are only two companies that are hiring cadets (excluding Cathay and others that I have not received mail from:) Ryanair and Lufthansa. However, you should have permit to work in EU, and you must speak German in order to get accepted to LH.

GZogby
6th Nov 2011, 22:31
Thanks a lot englishman!

PrestonPilot
16th Nov 2011, 21:38
Was wondering if anyone knew about Cathay hosting interviews in london this week? I have a friend who has an interview for the cadet programme THIS FRIDAY....and i applied over a year ago....ive emailed them numerous times...over the past few weeks and finally got a reply yesterday...saying they don't know when they will be in london next time....but theyll let me know. I since replied saying I KNOW THEY ARE HERE THIS WEEK....but no response again. What are they doing?

Stallone
17th Nov 2011, 02:37
It is normal, they do not seem to call everyone down for the interview even if they're coming to London.

I applied in April'10, they came to Singapore in April'11, some were called, some weren't called. I was the one left out. Emailed them, but you get the standard reply.

Please be advised that your application is still on our list of applications to be processed. Your application will be screened and considered along with all other eligible applicants in your geographic area when we next select for any future interviews.

ophia
23rd Nov 2011, 05:37
:) thanks for the infor guys..i've applied also & waiting for a positive response. In the meantime, doing my multi-type rating & tryna stay positive. All the best..

Cheers!
:ok:

wellwisher
25th Nov 2011, 05:39
Even i applied in their last advertisement but no reply from them as of yet.. I know one of my flight school guy got through them but don't know how he was processed further. Just hoping for the good times ahead for all of us. Anyone here who has done their CPL ?

Confidentbeliever
27th Apr 2013, 14:39
It is normal, they do not seem to call everyone down for the interview even if they're coming to London.

I applied in April'10, they came to Singapore in April'11, some were called, some weren't called. I was the one left out. Emailed them, but you get the standard reply.

Please be advised that your application is still on our list of applications to be processed. Your application will be screened and considered along with all other eligible applicants in your geographic area when we next select for any future interviews.

U mean Cathay take in cadet from Singapore ?

Stallone
1st May 2013, 02:23
yep, when they still had International Ab Initio programme back then

currently this path is only opened for HKID holders

JackyS
22nd Jun 2013, 03:42
Hi,

I am looking to apply for the Cadet Pilot Programme offered by Cathay Pacific. Would anyone be able to tell me when the interviews normally take place and how long before do I need to have my application submitted in to be considered as a possible applicant? Any other tips with regards to the interviewing process would be great appreciated!

PPRuNe Towers
22nd Jun 2013, 09:37
261 pages here:

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east-wannabes/378978-cathay-pacific-cadet-pilot-programme-261.html

Rob