PDA

View Full Version : Curious and need to know

need2no
4th Nov 2011, 17:53
This is my first post and I hope it's in the correct forum.

I was standing on the ground watching 2 military jets flying by. I watched them until they flew way off into the clouds. I was still looking up and then completely turned another direction. I noticed about a dozen or so what I will call "birds". I call them that because I'm not sure what they were. I know birds fly very high and get caught up in planes. However, these "birds" were acting in way I've never seen before. They were darting back and forth in to a cloud. I watched this for more than 5 minutes. They would fly outside of it for a little bit then go back in and out again. The cloud and the "birds" drifted across the sky, very high and eventually out of sight.

Just curious if any of the experts of the skies here might of seen this sort of thing and might have an answer for me. Thank you very much for your time.

mattyj
4th Nov 2011, 21:12
Free ride on thermals?

Checkboard
4th Nov 2011, 21:41
If you want an answer, don't you have to ask a question? :confused:

Super Cecil
4th Nov 2011, 23:28
Mebe swifts? What shape were they, simitar style wings?

eocvictim
5th Nov 2011, 13:15
Rodan fighting mothra?

kalavo
6th Nov 2011, 01:57
European or african swallow?

Lasiorhinus
6th Nov 2011, 07:18
Coulda been emus...

Desert Flower
6th Nov 2011, 07:34
Coulda been emus...

Overheard passengers ask a pilot one day why he had an emu painted on his plane when everyone knew that emus couldn't fly. His laconic reply was "Sure they can - if you hit 'em hard enough with the bull bar!" ;)

DF.