PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar staff on holidays flown home

ejectx3
4th Nov 2011, 08:25
Would like to know the truth on this rumour, can anyone confirm or deny?

After the grounding, holidaying Jetstar employees intending to travel home on staff travel stranded in los Angeles were given full fare tickets on US carriers to get home.

Not qantas staff, just Jetstar...

Anyone know? Heard this rumour the other day.

PPRuNeUser0198
4th Nov 2011, 09:21
Totally false and ridiculous to even think it.

Scamp Damp
4th Nov 2011, 09:27
would not be suprised! :}

ejectx3
4th Nov 2011, 09:35
Ridiculous except was told to me 2nd hand., from someone I believe implicitly, who was told by a jetstar employee who was on holidays (staff travel qf fare home) and was given a full fare home on a US carrier. .Like I said I'm trying to ascertain the truth, not spread lies.

Tvasis do you know it's not true?

This is a rumour forum after all.

booglaboy
4th Nov 2011, 10:06
I know for a fact that jetstar Thai based crew are regularly flown bkk-mel or bkk-Syd in business class on qantas for positioning. So no, it wouldn't surprise me if it was true

ejectx3
4th Nov 2011, 10:08
Just to clarify, the Jetstar employees were on holidays. (allegedly)

MACH082
4th Nov 2011, 11:05
Not true from what I know of guys paying full price tickets on Virgin to get back to base for sign on.

ejectx3
4th Nov 2011, 11:05
Myth......busted!

Cactusjack
4th Nov 2011, 11:35
As long as BB got back home without soiling another lap blanket, that's all that counts !

PPRuNeUser0198
4th Nov 2011, 12:47
I know for a fact that jetstar Thai based crew are regularly flown bkk-mel or bkk-Syd in business class on qantas for positioning. So no, it wouldn't surprise me if it was true

If it were true - so what. They're on Duty Travel and as such are entitled to as any other Qantas Group employee would be.

It is no different to a LHR based FA (who is not a Qantas employee) or QantasLink FA (who is not a Qantas employee) paxing. Why should they be treated any differently - they're employees of the Qantas Group. End of story.

Artificial Horizon
4th Nov 2011, 18:57
NOT TRUE, staff travellers did not get full fare flights home, they were given access to 'special' leave if they were going to miss report, and if they were caught 'in transit' they were treated like a commercial passenger and given access to a hotel room for the night. Is there anything wrong with this??

Sunfish
4th Nov 2011, 20:11
"Staff Travelers"? Was that Jetstar travellers, Qantas mainline travellers or ALL staff travellers please?