PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any info on the emergency landing of a Polish LOT B737 which landed

jacek_flying
4th Nov 2011, 03:34
Does anyone have any info on the emergency landing of a Polish LOT B737 which landed in Warsawa EPWA on Nov 3 at approx 20:00 local time. Apparently some kind of pressurization issue. Hope everyone is safe and sound.

Sounds like that airport is getting a chance to practice the emergency equipment to emergencies in two days. :D

Something tells me that maintence is going to be kept quite busy over the next little while. :)

Moderators not sure if you moved the thread or if it was caused by me going in to edit it. Its been some time since I have posted on Pprune. :)

JohnieWalker
4th Nov 2011, 05:50
Well the avherald has this one about Nov 3 LOT:

Incident: LOT B734 at Warsaw on Nov 3rd 2011, window opened on takeoff (http://avherald.com/h?article=4458bd15&opt=0)

A LOT Polish Airlines Boeing 737-400, registration SP-LLK performing flight LO-233 from Warsaw (Poland) to Brussels (Belgium), was in the initial climb out of Warsaw's runway 33 with a delay of 3:10 hours when the crew requested to return to the airport. The aircraft levelled off at approximately 2500 feet and returned to runway 33 for a safe landing about 10 minutes after departure.

After a windshield hatch was properly closed and the aircraft was refueled, the aircraft departed again about 70 minutes after landing and reached Brussels with a total delay of 4:10 hours.

The airline said a cockpit window was leaking, the cause is under investigation.

linedriva
4th Nov 2011, 07:08
It was a flight deck window opened on takeoff. Avherald.com has the story.

Hotel Tango
4th Nov 2011, 10:31
Hope everyone is safe and sound.

I think you would have heard if they weren't!

jacek_flying
5th Nov 2011, 03:47
Thanks for the info everyone. seems like it was made out to more then it actually was in the report I heard. :)

Fly Safe. :ok: