PDA

View Full Version : Work in asia with no time on time

interstella 555
3rd Nov 2011, 22:27
I know this has been done to death but i need some help or ppl to pm me, or just some guidence. i know of some people that got jobs with no time on time just the basic endo so with the right people guiding me hopefully i wont get stuffed around or ripped off, PLZ help i know many of you were in my position.
Im stuck in a Turbo Prop regional in AUS and i really wanna move to SE Asia, i have some friends to bum off in HK/SIN on but no aviation contacts.
i have 3800TT / 800Turbine CMD(+5700kg), 2500 CMD. i wanna leave aus and fly in asia, who to i try ? how do i get past a HR mailbox that doesnt respond to emails. Happy to buy a 320/737 or any jet endo.... if i HAVE too.

plz help me get outta the grips of the red rat.

interstella 555
6th Nov 2011, 22:59
come on guys someone must have some advise?

safelife
7th Nov 2011, 02:43
Try Eva Air, China Airlines. They're the biggest wide body flying schools around...

thrustpig
7th Nov 2011, 03:33
"Time on Time"................................................???????????? ???? "Will buy a type rating."
What was said about enjoying now as its gone forever a second latter?
My days in turboprops were some of the most fun you could have with your pants on.
If you want advice, then relax, smell the roses..................etc.
Try to find some perspective before making a silly mistake.
If you are meant to..........then accept that at the right time........you will.

dmacnz
7th Nov 2011, 03:44
Try also HK Express, Air Macau ,Also Air HK has interview before with no jet time.
The concept of "will buy a rating" is what 90% of people will write to HR. People WITH the rating make it to the Chiefs desk.

interstella 555
7th Nov 2011, 23:07
thrustpig : Dunno what it was like when you flew turbo props but i think the conditions and culture have changed.
Strap yourself next to a 200hr cadet off to do 6 x sectors into a black hole circling approaches. No throwing it around, FOQA means i have to fly it like a space shuttle or get tea and biscuits with the boss.
I hope these are not the best days of my life, props are for boats..

dmacnz : im really reluctant to just buy an endo and go fishing, if so A320 or 737 ? watta u recon ..

Toruk Macto
8th Nov 2011, 09:04
Heard on grape vine that Air Macau take guys like yourself with a A320 endorsment only. Good luck, think your on the right track.