PDA

View Full Version : FI ftl limitations

michelda
3rd Nov 2011, 13:13
Hi guys,

May someone, working in "civilised" aeronautic countries, give me any information about FI FTL regulation and how can you mix commercial (euops or not) with FI operation?

Thanks

Michelda

Whopity
4th Nov 2011, 08:14
In the UK it rather depends upon your employer. If you fly as an FI the time comes off your FTL so you are not available to work those hours for the company. It will differ from State to State because national rules are not all the same. Once EASA comes in, the rules may be the same across Europe if it still exists, but each State will interpret them differently as usual, some eagerly complying, whilst others ignore them, so nothing will ever be equal.

BillieBob
4th Nov 2011, 09:40
The requirement under the EU Regulation will be for flight instructors' FTL to be calculated in accordance with Part-OPS. However, as Whopity says, the chances are that this will be ignored by the usual suspects andlittle will change.

michelda
4th Nov 2011, 17:07
thanks guys,

but I have an euops limitation at 100 hours a month and my limitation as instructor is 85 hours/month.

If I will fly 90 hours in a company, may I fly as FI?
and if I 'll fly just 80 hours may I fly 5 hours?
or if I'll fly 40 hours as FI, how many hours I can fly as airline pilot?

In a normal country all these possibilities are mentioned in a regulation, but not everybody lives in these countries......

Whopity
4th Nov 2011, 23:22
Lets be honest, the only reason we have such stupid inconsistent rules is because the idiots who make them have no idea either.

What does the Instructor limit say? Does it say 85 hours flying or 85 hours instruction? If it says flying, you are stuffed after 85 hours company flying, if not, you have 10 hours available.