PDA

View Full Version : HQ Costa tails

donpizmeov
3rd Nov 2011, 11:49
Chaps,
Whilst sat at the 2nd floor Costa at HQ this afternoon, I group of HR employees sat at the table next to me.
The queen bee at this table was holding court, in quite a loud voice, and got my attention when she stated her job was to sack pilots. She then went on to name names and tell graphic details of an occurrence which recently caused the departure of two of our colleagues. She also went to great depth about another colleague, that she believes was involved (name given) and went into despair about how she was not listened too and how he still remains employed.
I tuned and said that I thought this was not an appropriate place for her conversation, and she asked me who I was. I told her my name and asked for her name, which she refused to give. She then made a comment that I was probably a friend of those she spoke of and the group left.
Be careful out there chaps. There would seem to be poisonous people out there reveling in bringing us down.

The Don

Kamelchaser
3rd Nov 2011, 12:04
Write to the head of HR, cc SVP Flight Operations, and tell them what you overheard, mention times, description of said lady. Mention that the conversation was probably overheard by other people, some of whom may not even work for Emirates. Tell them that you feel it is extremely inappropriate that that sort of conversation is being held in a semi-public forum.

It's certainly not appropriate behavior for pilots to discuss potentially confidential company information in bars and hotel lounges around the world; the same rules should apply to other company employees.

Rim-job
3rd Nov 2011, 12:10
I couldn't agree more with what Kamelchaser said....

His remarks are spot on. Totally unprofessional.

junglie-driver
3rd Nov 2011, 14:30
Loose lips sink ships!! Very unprofessional behaviour.

clear to land
3rd Nov 2011, 14:30
Definately take action on this one mate-don't let it go. That is a MAJOR breach of privacy-and she deserves to take the full hit.

CAT3A
3rd Nov 2011, 18:39
Take action my friend. Costa is a public place. Even if it wasnt still very unprofessional by her part.

White Knight
3rd Nov 2011, 21:09
Take her down................ One rule for them, and another for us unless it's nipped in the bud!!!!!!

40&80
3rd Nov 2011, 21:59
Sounds like it is a bit too late for bud nipping...human remains out ranks the aircrews.

tatin
3rd Nov 2011, 22:25
Don, unfortunately these kind of people rule in EK. Even more unfortunately the ones who got sacked are involved in a typical UAE/Dubai event where truth doesn't count, only the one who cries foul gets the benefit.

Very sad and very un-western like, very injust were company interferes with privacy. It's not going to happen in the UK, or any other European/American country, it happens in Dubai. By people who are aware of western laws.

Praise Jebus
4th Nov 2011, 01:26
That just supports my observation that HR are not there to maximize human capital through motivation and productivity but are actually the employee police. Pity you didn't wip out the iPhone and record the conversation, (or maybe you did):E

777boyindubai
4th Nov 2011, 08:48
For those of you thinking of applying to EK, please do read this and consider Don's comments VERY carefully indeed. Don's posts (well the majority :E) are well written and thought out. I have no doubt he is telling the truth.

EK are not finding it easy to recruit the calibre of staff that they want. EK does offer a reasonable package to recruits. But, examples of stupidity and spitefulness of some EK managers are two a penny. Do we really need to deal with such a petty and vindictive person?

You will have to deal with this kind of mentality in so many different departments at EK. Scheduling, Accommodation and Medical Benefits are a few that spring to mind from personal experience.

I hope that the decent managers at EK read this post (be assured, they read pprune) and take action against this individual. Please investigate and sanction this lady if it turns out Don is correct.

There has to be some irony when an EK manager actually makes the job of her colleagues in recruitment so much more difficult by such behaviour. And in public. After all, with no pilots, there are no flights. No flights means no bonus for all the Costa-ites. I am always amazed at how many "managers" we have in EK.

Maybe we should have a manager who can check the clocking in and out times at Costa for people like this person? :yuk:

What a shame the pprune rules prevent us mentioning your name, dear lady. I would love to do so.

I wish all of my colleagues safe landings and please do keep revealing the truth (good or bad) from the Puzzle Palace.

vfenext
4th Nov 2011, 15:05
If anyone is doing a wash-up in the next few days its worth mentioning this thread. Request feed back and they will have to follow it up.

Capt. Flamingo
4th Nov 2011, 22:08
Interesting indeed what one can hear while in Costa, specially people without basic education like this lady, come on Don write her up!

Where is sheikmyarse by the way?