PDA

View Full Version : I Want My Chairmans Lounge Membership!

Sunfish
2nd Nov 2011, 22:33
Advertisement:

Sunfish is prepared to say nice things all the time about Qantas and how bad its greedy employees are behaving in return for membership of the Chairmans lounge.

I can be bought, just like the entire Victorian Cabinet and most of the Australian media.

Just PM me Livvy and I'm all yours.

Howard Hughes
2nd Nov 2011, 22:37
Oink oink, move over pollies...:ok:

PS: I thought you always were a bit over the top with your praise for Qantas!;)

Kiwiconehead
2nd Nov 2011, 23:06
Guess every Victorian can rock up the Chairmans Lounge now - after all, they paid for the tickets the Pollies use.

1A_Please
2nd Nov 2011, 23:52
What do you reckon a CL is worth annually? I ask because I notice presenters on stations such as 3AW, 2GB etc do not include it in their commercial agreements register where they are required to note all external benefits worth more than $10K annually.

Keg
3rd Nov 2011, 00:01
It's free of charge so probably no need to declare it. They probably do need to declare any gifts (grange, iPads, etc) that they get as a result of being in the Chairman's Lounge group.

bankrunner
3rd Nov 2011, 00:19
Dollar value is 0, you can't pay to join even if you want to. You need an invite from the board of QF to get in.

Federal public servants SES Band 1 and above get in too, including senior CASA officials...

I'd hate to have CL membership, for the same reason I don't like flying QF business class in and out of CB. More than likely end up sitting next to some filthy politician.

Jabawocky
3rd Nov 2011, 00:24
Chairmans Lounge

Leigh Cliffords Lounge

:yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk:

I would rather fly tiger :eek:

Actually I wouldn't fly Tiger, but VA is the go and QF at a pinch.

I am happy to sell my remaining half million FF points to any cousins or Bro's out there. Coz I have had enough. I feel for all the friends I have that fly for QF, but the writing is on the wall now for a lot of business folk flying QF. Most I know will only use Q as the second choice. Not because of price schedule or service but for the way they treat their staff.

You might say this only hurts the same very staff, but eventually the flow to Virgin will create jobs there. Sorry it has to be the hard way.

Al E. Vator
3rd Nov 2011, 00:28
Not to mention the prospect of being involved in fisticuffs between Blanche Hawke and her daughter-in-law. Top class types at the Chairmans lounge.

Pure nepotism and artificial elevation above the common riff-raff. Only question is, exactly which side of the Chairmans Club lounge door do the riff-raff reside?

ozbiggles
3rd Nov 2011, 00:28
Mr G. Thomas might be able to hook you up?

Howard Hughes
3rd Nov 2011, 00:29
I remember when the chairmans lounge had some exclusivity about it!;)

Short_Circuit
3rd Nov 2011, 00:32
What do you reckon a CL is worth annuallyIn total for every one that has access (including Q club), how does $200 Million sound.
From Q International budget no doubt.

neville_nobody
3rd Nov 2011, 01:01
Federal public servants SES Band 1 and above get in too, including senior CASA officials

How is that allowed? State police officers are not allowed to take any gifts of any kind due to a potential conflict on interest. Some companies also have a no gifts policy for the same reason. You cannot have the heads of the regulator taking gifts from one of the companies they are supposed to regulate. Their travel should be spilt 50/50 with Virgin and certain regional airlines if required.

Keg
3rd Nov 2011, 02:42
I am happy to sell my remaining half million FF points to any cousins or Bro's out there.

I'll take them Jaba. In a few years time it'll probably the one way I'll get into a Qantas jet! :{

Pontius
3rd Nov 2011, 08:01
I am happy to sell my remaining half million FF points to any cousins or Bro's out there. Coz I have had enough.

I've had enough, too. Bloody FF points are a complete waste of time. I've just been given my Platinum + (or whatever they're calling the step up from Platinum that makes bugger all difference to the original, unless you count a different phone number as a huge advantage) and have just over 750 000 points to use. I tried to book seats for my missus and kids to go to Europe in July next year (via SIN) and, basically, couldn't get anywhere near the routing (PER-BNE-HEL-LHR!!!!) or anything like the dates I wanted (unless you count within 8 days as close to a desired date). Absolute waste of space. Plan A is to burn the points (somehow) and then burn the FF card and travel with SQ in future. The only reason I've continued flying with QF is to get a fairly decent wad of points to use next year, so this really is the straw to break the camel's back and drive another FF to a different airline. Oh, how I'll miss those skybeds digging into my hip as I try to sleep :rolleyes:

b_sta
3rd Nov 2011, 09:29
Couldn't rate SQ Krisflyer more highly, and award seats are actually achievable (in the sense that I just checked and I can get award business and first SYD-SIN tomorrow morning, as a matter of fact). QF should take a leaf out of their book, FF scheme wise.

RATpin
3rd Nov 2011, 10:59
NN,just like communism,"everybody is equal but some are more equal than others".

MACH082
3rd Nov 2011, 11:16
have just over 750 000 points to use.

Never fear, for that amount of "oinks" you can buy the entire airline with the share price the way it is.

Jabawocky
3rd Nov 2011, 12:05
So Pontious and I could do a takeover bid just on our points! :}

Keg, you my Brudda, or my cous? ;)

I have tried to keep the numbers down these last few years but they seem to grow, and Mrs Jaba has some.

All 4 of us are going to the USA next year and I cant use them to upgrade to Bus. Class. Mind you we jagged a stupid price deal to DFW, but that is QF's fault for offering them.

I used 24000 to come back from TL-BN and it was Bus Class but Ohhhh dear, the old 734 was clapped out and the meal etc was ...well economy. It was a disgrace. Had I paid $900 for that I would have demanded my money back or at least $700 of it. Economy on VA's oldest 737 was no worse, and I am not joking. CSM was lovely though, yeah one of the old girls but one I have not seen in years and it was amazing just to catch up and chat. That is not what you pay for, but it was better than nothing.

Anyway I ramble, so Keg....by the time you use them, there might not be a QF jet to ride in:uhoh:

PS: TL-BN is $988 in Bus. :eek: on a clapped out 734
PSS: Mrs Jaba does BNE-MOV its $788 in economy, one way yet CTL is $408:ugh: Borganator needs more ATR's.

Worrals in the wilds
3rd Nov 2011, 12:40
Not to mention the prospect of being involved in fisticuffs between Blanche Hawke and her daughter-in-law. Top class types at the Chairmans lounge.
Well it was in Brisbane darling. What would One expect? :} If you're going to be glassed, at least it will be with a top shelf bottle. Of course Leigh Clifford is from Brisbane too, though he seems to forget to mention it. Dunno why, it's such a classy place...:uhoh:

SES band anything? They'll let all sorts of erks in these days...;). The key CC demographic seems to be pollies, airline execs, public Qantas grovellers, successful shopkeepers, mining magnates and their assorted grasping families. Wow. :rolleyes:.

ohallen
5th Nov 2011, 20:55
Interesting that Joe Hildebrandt (consistent pro Rat spin doctor) on Weekend Sunrise raised the issue toady that one of the union leaders who had criticised Qantas recently was still using his Chairmans Lounge access.

Now there are three options here:

1.Mr Hildrebrandt may have seen this himself when using his own access.

2. Someone else reported the sighting to him.

3. Qantas have leaked it.

History would undoubtedly support which option is the most likely and I wonder how the rest of the members of the Rat Private Club would feel at the prospect of being outed if they don't toe the company line.

Guess we will never know what happened because no one will tell.

Cactusjack
9th Nov 2011, 09:55
Now some may say I have spent too many years working the graveyard shift, but I too want my membership.
But, there is a catch, I want to be served my scotch and dry, in the lounge, by mamacita Olivia while she wears a catwoman rubber suit (squash ball is optional)!
Man, she can be my 'press release' any day. That girl has got it going on, she wields the power, fights the fight, and glares you down until you feel as though you are about to carved up by a million sharp blades - Yes please! That, combined with the pout, business suits she wears, flicking of the hair and some other 'qualities and high points' is too much for me to bear.
I think I'm in love.....did I mention I am into feet also?

piston broke again
9th Nov 2011, 14:18
Bugger me CJ. I'll bet she doesn't shave her legs...oh wait don't tell me you like that too? :) less trouble banging a flighty :ok:

Cactusjack
9th Nov 2011, 19:26
Shaving is optional, as with bathing!

Worrals in the wilds
9th Nov 2011, 22:38
I think I'm in love.....did I mention I am into feet also? Do any of us sound surprised? We're glad it's just feet... :E
Seriously, if you want a good, professional BDSM mistress there are a few around. Don't settle for third-rate PR also-rans/pretenders who just look grumpy all the time:}.
Of course, just working for Qantas in an operational area appears to be a fairly masochistic experience...