PDA

View Full Version : This could be interesting.

Gulf News
2nd Nov 2011, 12:04
RAeS-UAE lecture: reducing fatigue in long-haul flight operations

You are invited to attend a lecture on "Reducing Fatigue in Long-Haul Flight Operations", hosted by the Royal Aeronautical Society - UAE (RAeS) as part of its professional development programme. Admission is free.

Venue: Auditorium, Building B, Emirates Aviation College (opposite Dubai Tennis Stadium), Dubai, UAE
Date: Monday, 14th November 2011
Time: 17:00hrs to 18:00hrs

The lecture will give a background on long haul flight time and duty time rules. Topics for discussion include: the impact of the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) actions on duty time; the benefits and challenges to operating within a fatigue risk management system (FRMS) scheme; and the FAA rule-making activity and impact to foreign operators.

About the speaker

Captain Randolph Babbitt began his aviation career as a pilot, rising to the rank of Captain in 25 years of flying for Eastern Airlines. A skilled negotiator, he served as President and CEO during the late 1990s for the world’s largest professional organisation of airline pilots, US Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) International.

By June 2009, Captain Babbitt was sworn in as the FAA’s sixteenth administrator. He came to the FAA from Oliver Wyman, an international management consulting firm where he served as a partner.

Randolph was no stranger to the FAA, having been a member of its Management Advisory Council since 2001. In that capacity, he provided guidance to the FAA Administrator on a variety of topics ranging from air traffic modernisation to regulatory policy. Apart from being chairman of the council from 2004 to 2006, he also was appointed by Department of Transportation (DOT) Secretary Mary Peters to a special internal review team to assess safety oversight within the airline industry and the FAA.

Aviation Week & Space Technology magazine has recently granted him the Laurels Award in recognition of his outstanding achievements in the commercial air transport industry.

White Knight
2nd Nov 2011, 17:33
Captain Talking Horse......... Well, it'll be good for a laugh anyway:oh:

White Knight
2nd Nov 2011, 18:09
an entire post from WK

Well, at least my entire posts are short and sweet SI:p:ok::D

Mr Angry from Purley
2nd Nov 2011, 18:13
Mr Babbitt also opened the ICAO FRMS Symposium in Montreal recently - he didnt say much really, Someone more interesting would be someone like Curt Graeber

Pages - Documentation (http://www2.icao.int/en/FRMS2011/Pages/Documentation.aspx)

Emirates were at the Symposium Dutch A380 Captain.

Left Coaster
3rd Nov 2011, 12:57
Can anyone tell us if this is open to any others? Off the street with an interest? Thanks

atiuta
3rd Nov 2011, 19:53
Thought about going but I'm too tired.

White Knight
3rd Nov 2011, 21:03
I don't get it....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't get it. Why would you want to call your self "Captain" when you no longer actively operate in a commercial environment as a "Captain"

Nor do I... I signed an e-mail to the 'talking horse' once as Captain (having been one before coming here) and had a reply saying that I wasn't entitled to do so... Signed by captain horse who has never flown at Ek as captain, nor ever had the EK type-ratings:ugh::ugh:

KangarooFlyer
5th Nov 2011, 12:24
How many times have you had a passenger list full of "Dr." before names, only to find that not one of them is a medical doctor when you needed one?

But to the point of the thread, it sure seems like US FAA Administrator is on another taxpayer-funded boondoggle going around giving speeches at luxurious tourism destinations.