PDA

View Full Version : Pilots Pension transfer crash

Desert Driver
2nd Nov 2011, 07:24
If anyone has invested with Global eye then check on your funds. Some pension transfers have been invested with the normal investment houses, Skandia etc. They are advised to invest in what areas the financial adviser requests. As I was told today. Richmond Asset Management do this for Global eye. There managed funds dropped 40% in the last 12 months. Some investors were placed 100% with them.
I know turbulent times have hit everyone but this is extreme when a £100,000 becomes £60,000 in a year. A quote from Global eyes website.
"we have secured an arrangement with Richmond Asset Management (RAM), an independent asset allocator who actively keep track of each of the funds, and if they think that it would be financially prudent to make any alterations they will do so accordingly."
It appears to me that there is a tie up with a company that has seriously under performed. Your money may be put through Skandia but Richmand move it around.
Good Luck

donpizmeov
2nd Nov 2011, 17:52
Ah **** it, I have to agree with sittingidly with this one. Particularly do not invest with anyone that has to ring you unannounced to offer their service. Global eye is a door knocker and phone ringer of note. I believe many in Hong Kong were also burnt with these guys some years ago. These guys are salespersons, not financial advisers. They work on commission, and volume is their only interest.

Good luck Desert Driver. I hope this works out for you.

springbok449
2nd Nov 2011, 21:12
What gets me is how do they get your number? They seem to know quite a lot about you, time in employment etc... Leaked info? Someone within?
Good luck.

BigGeordie
3rd Nov 2011, 05:45
Some people, when they leave their employer in Dubai, are quite happy to sell the crew contact list to anybody who will pay a couple of dollars for it.

The simple solution is to not speak to anybody who cold calls you trying to sell you a financial product of any kind. It is a form of marketing used by the desperate to sell to the stupid.

springbok449
3rd Nov 2011, 05:50
Ah that explains it, thks BG.
Good point well made re your 2nd paragraph, apart from being pre-warned, I stayed well clear.
Good luck though to those who did invest...
Rgds.
Bokkie

Craggenmore
3rd Nov 2011, 13:36
Golden Eye called me again recently and waffled on about how they might be able to get me a 10% return in these troubled times.

So I had to tell them that my 'man' has me up 18%.

Silence from their salesperson.

They have not called me back since :ok:

SOPS
3rd Nov 2011, 13:57
While we are on it, whats the latest with EPI?