PDA

View Full Version : Employee Censorship-REDRAT Style

packrat
1st Nov 2011, 23:11
The last couple of days have no doubt impacted all of us in various ways and a number of us have friends or partners that
would have been impacted with the industrial agreements and potential lock out.
I would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the social media policy and ask you to prevent posting anything
regarding Qantas on Facebook, Twitter or any other social media sites.
Regards
People team.
The People Team are easily identifiable.They all wear brown shirts

1a sound asleep
1st Nov 2011, 23:22
You must not use the word or identify Qantas, Jetstar or any Qantas employees/board members/executives in the public arena, including internet where content is viewable, where you are making public comment that could impact the reputation of any part of the Qantas Group.

Please change the title of this topic to Employee Censorship-REDRAT Style

gobbledock
1st Nov 2011, 23:23
The last couple of days have no doubt impacted all of us in various ways and a number of us have friends or partners that
would have been impacted with the industrial agreements and potential lock out.
I would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the social media policy and ask you to prevent posting anything
regarding Qantas on FacePPRuNe, PPRuNe or any other social media sites.
Regards
People team.
Does this include speaking to Politicians covertly?? I just want to be sure.

Short_Circuit
1st Nov 2011, 23:41
regarding Qantas on FacePPRuNe, PPRuNe or any other social media sites.

Does this include speaking to Politicians covertly?? I just want to be sure. What about live TV & Radio, surely this is against policy?

argusmoon
1st Nov 2011, 23:42
If you were formerly employed by Qantas you should also take care about what you post.Read the fine print in your exit documents.
If you still enjoy benefits from Qantas in retirement these may be revoked if you can be indentified.
It like being part of the Borg Hive:-Resistance is Futile

bankrunner
1st Nov 2011, 23:43
So this site got a specific mention? Probably means more truth is being posted here than Clifford, the Leprechaun et al would like.

DutchRoll
2nd Nov 2011, 00:14
This site has been monitored by Qantas since the beginning of all the disputes. So too has Face-book, etc.

A carrier pigeon dropped that message to me quite a while ago.

Just be careful how you word stuff. The concept of "free speech" is determined by which side can afford to fork out the most money for lawyers. If you write something on a public forum which "might" be considered defamatory and damaging towards someone who has a lot of money (like, maybe $5 million a year plus a couple of billion in the bank), you narrow the "free speech" window dramatically.

We are actually given a lot of leeway on pprune by the mods. But everything has its limits.

Race Bannon
2nd Nov 2011, 00:20
The original post has been MODified.
The actual message made no mention of PPrune or PPRuneface in particular.It did however mention other social media sites specifically.
Yes we are given a lot of leeway here by the Mods.For that we should be grateful as they are keeping us safe despite our sometimes over the top fervour

Ejector
2nd Nov 2011, 01:03
Is this thread satire?

Is it a wind up?
Or have the RedRatNazis [ RRN ]actually sent out a memo on this?

argusmoon
2nd Nov 2011, 01:51
A memo to this affect was sent to all employees.Welcome to 1939

Hydromet
2nd Nov 2011, 02:38
The rat's management style obviously hasn't improved since 1965, when I was told by a passing manager - not even my own foreman - "Qantas doesn't like its apprentices to have beards - get it off." Since I had barely started shaving, I was quite flattered.

Ejector
2nd Nov 2011, 03:53
Clarke and Dawe on Qantas woes - A tad old.
Clarke and Dawe on Qantas woes - YouTube

Merlins Magic
2nd Nov 2011, 22:38
You must not use the word or identify Qantas, Jetstar or any Qantas employees/board members/executives in the public arena, including internet where content is viewable, where you are making public comment that could impact the reputation of any part of the Qantas Group.

Under their own policy, Alan Joyce et al should not be talking to the media either. Every time they do they are impacting the reputation of the Qantas group.

Disciplinary action needed for all......:ok:

Howard Hughes
2nd Nov 2011, 22:48
Surely when you sign up with Qantas you sign Computer/IT policy, media policy, intelectual property policy, etc...

Ka.Boom
2nd Nov 2011, 22:59
For many of us most of today's technology was not even invented when we started.I have not been asked to sign anything apart from my commencement date documentation.
Gee maybe this crap doesn't apply to me ?

Dixons Millions
3rd Nov 2011, 13:05
Ok so how does the big Q track me down on this website? I mean without some serious tracing from police or other similar sources? QF would have to have serious cause, would they not...?

1a sound asleep
3rd Nov 2011, 13:23
..Ok so how does the big Q track me down on this website? I mean without some serious tracing from police or other similar sources? QF would have to have serious cause, would they not...

If you defame them or somebody or say something that they can construe to be a security risk they will justify their actions. Court order against the website, release of information including your ISP/ email address and a trace direct to you.

In light of the likely $100m they spent on a shutdown it would be a small price to silence the rebels

Plazbot
3rd Nov 2011, 14:38
For that we should be grateful as they are keeping us safe despite our sometimes over the top fervour

Go and read the Middle East section if you think that. F$ckers will sell you out in a second.

SPARGO
3rd Nov 2011, 14:53
It is kind of freaky that the 17th letter should be referred to as "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named".

Where is Harry Potter?

SPARGO craic