View Full Version : Gulfstream engineers in Dubai

No RYR for me
1st Nov 2011, 08:46
We are currently in DXB for 3 days and in need of a Gulfstream engineer to troubleshoot some minor issues with our HUD :rolleyes:

Any recommendations? PM please

Tony Mabelis
1st Nov 2011, 10:39
JET AV. Dubai???????!!!!!!!!!!

Tony:confused:

No RYR for me
1st Nov 2011, 10:49
Found one thanks. :D

hawker750
1st Nov 2011, 13:01
Excuse me, but why do you ned a HUD to take of from Dubai? Is it a no go item as per the MEL? If it is I would have the equipment removed immediately before it grounds you some more.:ugh:

No RYR for me
1st Nov 2011, 13:57
LOL it is not a MEL item but it has been nagging while flying into more demanding locations where we do want to land :E Had a talk with a FlyDubai engineer and I understand they fly all of their 737NG's with HUD's as well and they are based here :ok:

hawker750
2nd Nov 2011, 12:21
RYR
I am glad you recognised that my post was completely tongue in cheek, the only HUD information I have is splatered on the windshield. You have a beautiful aeroplane but I do wonder sometimes whether more and more sofistication is really necessary or it simply enables the designers of this equipment to stay in business.

Fiero88
2nd Nov 2011, 13:50
Honestly, I have the strong opinion that the HUD ( or similar based technologies) are the future in aviation.
Many advantages like constant visual contact with where you want to go, essential information like brake distance, runway exit etc. are presented at critical phases of the landing (in particular). We have to be aware not to present too much information that can distract.:=