PDA

View Full Version : Pilots from PH applying to CX cadet program?

airbus_21
1st Nov 2011, 07:17
Is there any filipino who has applied to the cathay pacific cadet pilot program.

calvin_1912
2nd Nov 2011, 00:42
I applied August 2009 and I still haven't heard from them. I've tried following up and they said they haven't reviewed my application yet...

captbisdak
2nd Nov 2011, 01:04
I know of 2 who were offsprings of CX cabin crew but they both didn't make the grade (one failed the initial and the other failed medical). As to your other question regards ex-PAL pilots at CX, they did interview a few after the 1998 strike (according to a friend of mine who is a training Capt at CX) but as far as I know none were taken. However, I know of 2 Fil-Ams a CX but both were flying out of the US before they were hired.

The CX cadet program is very competitive and requires great prep in order to make it. Also the current pay package is sliding and as you can read from the Fragrant Harbour threads, it is not worth it anymore.

airbus_21
2nd Nov 2011, 06:08
@captdisbak, with regards to the Cadet Pilot Package it is actually quite competitive. ignore those posts in fragrant harbour section. currently i know quite a few cadets being trained. 35,000hkd/month + 10,000 (housing allowance) + allowance during flights is not bad for the first yr as an SO. I sent you a pm.