PDA

View Full Version : License\Rating Renewal(specifically IR)

superdunkaroos
1st Nov 2011, 06:44
Hello guys

My IR lapses on the 13th of January 2012

Now according to the CAR's this would apply to me after the license has expired:
1. Not exceeding 6 months
(i) Normal Refresher.
(ii) 3 Route Checks, of which last one shall be
with an examiner

But what if I want to renew my Rating before that?

If anyone who did his training from an Indian flying school could shed some light on the following queries:

1)What exactly is a refresher? Approximately how long would it take?
2)When the renewal is done can a DGCA approved school stamp and renew my license or will it have to go to DGCA office in safdarjung?

My IR is issued on Pa-34, any flight schools around Delhi that operate the same?

Thanks

flight517
2nd Nov 2011, 14:25
Refresher is a familiarization flight aka FAM flight(minimum time 45mins)
for the renewal you will have to go to your regional office.For delhi- go to dgca office adjacent to the arrival terminal at PALAM.
Flight schools near Delhi with PA-34 in airworthy condition:
1. Amber Aviation, Pant Nagar, UK (near dehradun)
2. Chimes Aviation, Sagar, MP(near bhopal)
there is another school in bhubaneshwar called GATI, but you will have to check with them if they have obtained the required clearances from the DGCA

PS: Sorry i dont have answers to all your questions.

superdunkaroos
5th Nov 2011, 05:09
Thank you^^

Although I just learned that because my IR hasn't expired yet I can renew it on a simulator.

So my query is after I submit my license to the regional office of DGCA, after how long will they send back my license.

born4flying
7th Nov 2011, 02:41
^^^
Don't know about Delhi regional centre,but the Mumbai centre takes 1 day usually, seldom two days(max). I should hope the same about Delhi.

EDIT: Can u elaborate on the 'doing it on the simulator ' rule? Because even i have to Renee my IR in the next 1-2 weeks.

superdunkaroos
7th Nov 2011, 03:05
1-2 days sound good.

Just find a DGCA approved simulator(multi) with a reputable flying school, I will be paying a visit to the one in my city in the next couple of days to find out the details. Will keep you posted.

doubleactionjack
7th Nov 2011, 05:48
For Endorsing a Single engine + IR on my CPL :confused:

I have flown the prerequisite checks and fam flights

1) what would be the fees for this ( 5000 + 2500 ) ?
2) What are the necessary supporting documents ?
3) How long does it take for the endorsement ?
4) Do i need to stay put in Delhi, Else would the licence be Speed Posted home.

That a lot of questions, Hope that someone can give me the necessary info

thanks a lot

Doubleactionjack

niksmathew24
19th Nov 2011, 17:05
Hey guys

Any idea on where to renew my CPL with IR renewal down south of India. Did a research but couldn't find any info on schools down south here. Also would like to get an input on how good and fast the whole process is. FI, my IR expired almost a year ago.

Thanks
Niks

aviator390
9th Mar 2012, 13:24
Hey super ,,

did u renew your ir?? If so please let me know the procedure.and from which place..

Thanks in advance..