PDA

View Full Version : Type Rating on Grand Caravan

FL140
31st Oct 2011, 14:58
Hi guys , I am new to this forum , I would like to how much it will cost to get a rating on Grand caravan 208B , Is there any companies which does rating in India or do we need to go abroad ??????

Thank you in Advance
Fly Safe

Canuck15
31st Oct 2011, 16:45
I dont think there is a type rating on a caravan ..I believe its just fam training on the aircraft it self if I can remember correctly ..at least thats wat it was .....

happy landings

FL140
1st Nov 2011, 18:44
I agree with you that its not a type rating , I just want that aircraft to be endrosed in my license , If possible I would like to know the cost of training .

Thank you
Fly Safe

Canuck15
3rd Nov 2011, 05:28
look around on google and you'll find places in the states where you can do this and call them to get the cost ..good luck

Move On
5th Nov 2011, 09:54
Hi all,

Firstly as stated, it is not a Type Rating. You will do an "endorsement" with a single engine turbine famil course.

Doing a "BGT" (Basic Gas Turbine) course will give you a heads up!

USA or Australia can provide the endorsement.

Check "Flight Safety" get the endorsement done by a well known provider not a dodgy "i'll take your money" and get you through in 3 hours type scenario.

Move On:ok:

PA-34
6th Nov 2011, 12:05
As Move On said check flight safety,
the one in Wichita does Caravan initial training, cost can vary around from 5-6 lakhs, course duration 1 week approx(5 days I think).
they will provide 10 hours of Simulator training on Level D simulator
which is approved by DGCA and some 20-30 hours of ground training also.

Similar type of course is now offered by PANAM, I am not sure what they are offering but its going to be more or less same as flight safety.

You will need NOC from DGCA in which DGCA will specify how many hours is required to get Caravan endorsed on DGCA license but its not going to be more 10 hours of SIM and I think 30 hours of ground.