PDA

View Full Version : Indonesian Medical Certificate Requirements

manucordier
29th Oct 2011, 18:09
Hi,

Does anybody know where to find more details about the Indonesian requirements to get a first class medical certificate ?

I would like to get more information about ophthalmological requirements.

Thank you very much.

djanello
30th Oct 2011, 10:32
Maybe interesting to you; I have a digital (indonesian language) copy of the medical requirements in indonesia on my laptop. I got it in 2009 and it might be slightly dated, but from what I know, it probably will still be the same. If you're interested, send me your email.

You can also try to look for an updated version. The DGCA of indonesia can be found here:
.:: Direktorat Jenderal Perhubungan Udara ::. (http://hubud.dephub.go.id/?id)

The document you're looking for is called CASR 67. I'm pretty sure it can be found on their website, but Google couldn't find it for me and plowing through all the indonesian websites is not much fun. (it stirs up bad memories for me.)

Best of luck!

p.s; I just noticed you're from Brussels; I've done the Lionair route via CAE but received a negative result on the medical after typerating etc. Reason: Eyes.
p.p.s: found it: CASR 67 (http://hubud.dephub.go.id/?en+regulasi_dsku+detail+keselamatan)

manucordier
30th Oct 2011, 10:50
Thank you very much for your link. I found it :

http://hubud.dephub.go.id/files/dsku/CASR%20PART%2067%20Amdt.%200.pdf

However the language is unknown to me. But I'll find my way through it anyway ;-)

I have some more questions for you (PM).

Thanks again.

manucordier
30th Oct 2011, 11:12
Hi,

I found a nice translation from Google for the following paragraph (see here under), however if someone speaking Indonesian fluently could provide me with a more precise and correct translation it would be helpful.

What do they say exactly about colorblindness in the green tones ? ...

Kemampuan melihat warna - warna yang diperlukan ntuk melakukan
tugas sebagai personil penerbangan dengan aman (Isahara 90%)
atau tidak terbukti adanya gangguan merah - hijau normal mata

Thank you very much for your help.

(source: http://hubud.dephub.go.id/files/dsku/CASR%20PART%2067%20Amdt.%200.pdf page 4)

brasmelzuit
30th Oct 2011, 15:45
Kemampuan melihat warna - warna yang diperlukan ntuk melakukan
tugas sebagai personil penerbangan dengan aman (Isahara 90%)
atau tidak terbukti adanya gangguan merah - hijau normal mata

The ability to to see (to define) colours that is needed to safely conduct the task as flight crew , (Isahara90%). or, there's no problem on red-green normal eye (sight)

manucordier
30th Oct 2011, 16:10
Thank you.

P-Man
13th Jan 2012, 17:40
im looking to go out to indonesia too and from what i understand they follow the same rules for their medical as the FAA so it might be worth looking on the FAA site and seeing what they allow. The wording looks pretty much the same after using google translation so im assuming they have just translated it into indonesian.

P-Man

PT6A
14th Jan 2012, 02:53
P-man.... Their medical is MUCH stricter than FAA

Hogger60
14th Jan 2012, 04:05
They use the Ishihara 38 page book that is very old and very faded. If you have any color deficiency you will not pass it, and they don't allow any other tests.

FR8R H8R
14th Jan 2012, 08:28
You need to pass a drug test.

Though, with lion, it's obviously optional.

Check the Jakarta Post.

Enjoy life on the edge at Lion!

captjns
14th Jan 2012, 08:38
You need to pass a drug test.

Though, with lion, it's obviously optional.

Can you please be more specific??? If you are clean, you fail the drug test, and if you test positive, you pass:}?

FR8R H8R
17th Jan 2012, 03:12
Search for "lion air drug busts".

A Lion Air pilot has been arrested for consumption and possession of methamphetamines in Makassar, the National Narcotics Agency said on Wednesday.

“There was an arrest on Tuesday night. His initial is H.A., and he is confirmed to be a Lion Air pilot,” Sumirat, a spokesman for the agency known as BNN, said on Wednesday as quoted by VIVAnews.

Acting on a tip, BNN agents conducted a raid on the Clarion Grand Hotel in Makassar on Tuesday night. H.A. was allegedly found using methamphetamines, known locally as “shabu,” in a karaoke room in the hotel.
Officers also discovered additional packets of shabu in H.A.’s hotel room and on his person, as well as drug paraphernalia, VIVAnews reported.

BNN agents arrested five other people in the raid — two men and three females, one of whom is allegedly H.A.’s girlfriend, according to Detik news portal.

The narcotics agency is investigating the Lion Air pilot and his acquaintances to determine whether he is involved in drug-dealing or is just a user.

“We’re still developing this case,” Sumirat said.

In 2011, another Lion Air pilot, Muhammad Nasri, was arrested for drug possession along with his co-pilot, Husni Thamrin, at an apartment building in Tangerang.