PDA

View Full Version : LIONAIR FIRES EXPATRIATE PILOTS

Nasigoreng
28th Oct 2011, 14:36
Lion air fired 2 expatriate pilots.

It is understand that one of them was operating a flight and the other a new joiner bule joined him on the cockpit without permisi from managmnt and any valid tiket. Both belonged to CAE.
Poor guy.

captjns
28th Oct 2011, 21:20
No great loss to be fired from a bottom feeder ala Lion Air.

bernardus
28th Oct 2011, 23:14
quite possibly a bottom feeder but mate, the company is not at a loss. its more of the pilot that suffers. lion is now quite possibly the largest employers of expats (with time or blokes who are ab initio). there are a lot more of us pilots coming in so losing a bloke is chump change.
im amazed at how many nationalities there are. the economy must be ****house back home for them to not land a gig. i have yet to meet a bloke from africa.
i think there are only two big companies now that hire expats. lion anbd sriwijaya./
Garuda and Batavia told the expats to bugger off and didnt extend their contract.
the others are small companies and only a few expats.

B737NG
29th Oct 2011, 10:21
It is not always the economy who is bad.... In my case it was the seniority driven policy why I went as Expat and made a better life outside.

Also the fact the the "fly for food" becomes more common and that supplies the market with cheap labour.

I know Pilots in the UK they get so low wages that they have to take on another job over the Winter to feed the family and pay the bills. For a single Guy ? Better go in the warm areas and fly where you pay less the 5 $ for a meal. You gain hours and go to bed with a full stomach and no worries of tomorrow.

Fly safe and land happy

NG

duyen
30th Oct 2011, 05:24
must be the f**&&&* aussies.. .