PDA

View Full Version : Spoilt for choice? Those FOs who have gone before me.

miles teg
27th Oct 2011, 22:50
So hello friends, diving straight in...I've hours for Qatar, Emirates...nearly Etihad, but what's to choose between them? All sandy, all a massive change from current LCC employment. How have those who have made the move decided?

BYMONEK
28th Oct 2011, 07:10
Spoilt for choice? Have you passed the selection and interview for all three?

It will take time but why not spend a day or two reading through posts on all three companies. Why not speak to at least one person who works there and why not apply and make your decision if and when the job offer is made.

Luke SkyToddler
28th Oct 2011, 07:39
The mistake I made was to apply to them all together ... QR called me for interview literally the next day after filling in the online application. The job I actually wanted, EK, called me back 4 months later by which time I'd run out of stalling tactics, and I'd already signed the bond with QR. Act in haste, repent at leisure as they say.

They are all three desperate for pilots at the moment, so as long as you meet the minimums and you aren't a muppet, the ball is in your court. Apply to the one you like most and then wait 3 months before you apply to the others.

jibba_jabba
28th Oct 2011, 09:27
My friends was accepted into Emirates last week, and it makes QR sounds a little behind in terms of $$$. Emirates is definately more organised by the sounds of it but really,its sand sand and more sand and lots of heat. so really, go where the money is good as they all seem to work you reasonably hard and then consider if you can maintain a lifestyle that you can atleast say is mildly ok.... that way you wont think you have wasted 5 years of your life.