PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Management Degrees

Hueymeister
27th Oct 2011, 21:20
Anyone done one recently? Westminster Uni were doing one for Military Peeps, are they still?

Mrs Huey graduated today and it got me thinking....as I've spent 2 yrs proof reading and critiquing I'm considering it myself.

Now I am aware that my 23yrs may count towards some credits..any advice?

orgASMic
28th Oct 2011, 09:03
I am starting out on the Air Transport Management MSc at City University, London.

www.city.ac.uk/sems (http://www.city.ac.uk/sems)

They have a very flexible part-time programme, it is well-delivered, grown-up and attracts students from all over the world. you can start at any time and take between 1 and 5 years to complete the programme (1 introductory module as an entrance exam; 8 further modules, some core some elective; and a dissertation). The modules are each 3 days of teaching with varying exams/assignments afterwards. The course shares some modules with their Air Safety Management MSc and Aircraft Maintenance Management MSc programmes so there is plenty of scope for tailoring your own degree course.

I know a few people who have graduated from the City programme recently and it is well-respected in industry.

Fees are £9000 currently, payable in 3 installments as you progress. I am getting part sponsorship from work.

I have really enjoyed getting back to school. Good luck.

c130jbloke
28th Oct 2011, 11:45
Top level drinking and networking cse !!!!!

You can also use your ELC to offset costs and use the OU residential cse rules to sort out HOTAC and food costs.

Otherwise its accom in messes ( Uxbridge, Northolt etc ) but its a pain of a commute, especially with a hangover !

PM me if you want more gen or contact Fleur in the office at City - very friendly :ok:

EESDL
28th Oct 2011, 17:33
Blimey - you've been 'in' far longer than you were 'civvy' - might need more than a degree to get you prepped?

Hueymeister
29th Oct 2011, 10:17
EESDL - fair one....more institutionalised by now..more than half my life in light-blue...you still eating crocodile?

J-bloke..we may work near one another...would like to compare notes. PM me.