PDA

View Full Version : UK website hosting

Evening Star
27th Oct 2011, 18:07
The impending demise of MobileMe means I need to find a new host for my personal website. Has anybody got any recommendations/warnings for UK based hosts?

mixture
27th Oct 2011, 20:14
Rule of life number one applies : You get what you pay for.

Avoid anyone offering suspiciously cheap deals, and don't forget to check where their helpdesk is based. :E

Webfusion seem to be offering an interesting deal (http://www.webfusion.co.uk/web-hosting/) at the moment, plus they've been around a while and appear to have a UK helpdesk. I've no direct experience though (nor any other relationship with them).

cargosales
27th Oct 2011, 21:23
With one very severe caveat, I'd recommend Heart Internet. We use them for internet hosting for several websites, e-mail etc and they've been good as gold. Very reasonably priced, good web building packages come as standard and tech support is extremely fast when you need it. :ok:

The caveat is that you should look carefully beforehand at the package you actually need, rather than think you'll need in the future. Upgrading to a 'better' hosting package is easy but 'downgrading' is a complete pain in the backside whereby they 'have to' cancel everything and you have to start all over. GRRRR

CS